At first glance, commercial grade washing machines don’t look much different from the regular machines used in homes. They usually differ in size and load capacity as they cater to larger workloads and more frequent use. You can find commercial grade washer at:
- Any businesses and industry that requires washing services
Most commercial washing machines can accommodate very heavy duty washing. This means that some models can wash large items such as rugs, loads of bedsheets and heavy blankets and comforters. This is essential for places like hospitals and hotels. Some commercial washers can also provide steam cleaning cycles for extra sanitation.
If you need to have clothes washed but do not have access to a washing machine, your best bet is to visit a laundromat. Laundromats are a great example of how commercial washing machines are used. At a laundromat, you may have to wash your clothes yourself. This means you have to pay to use the machines and operate them on your own.
Here are a few guidelines on how to wash clothes in a commercial washing machine:
- First of all, ensure that the washing machine that you are going to use is clean and sanitized
- You can add your soap into the drum first or in the detergent dispenser that can be built into some models of commercial washing machines.
- Sort your clothes and load them into the machine. Some machines may be top loading where the opening is situated on top of the washer or front loading where it is situated on the front side.
- You should load at least 80% capacity for a commercial washing machine
- If you are using a laundromat, you may notice a special automated box on top of the machine where you need to put coins into for the machine cycle to start. Insert your coins (or swipe card if it is a card system)
- Once the credit is loaded, turn the control dials to select the appropriate wash cycle
- The commercial washing machine will start filling up with water and the wash cycle begins
- Wait until the cycle is complete then remove your clothing
Laundromats also have commercial dryers, after your wash cycle is complete you can then use a dryer to dry your clothes and the steps involved are quite similar.
The process is the same for commercial washing machines that do not require payment to use. You don’t have to load credit into the machine for it to start. Once you know what is the correct cycle to set your machine according to the materials that need to be washed it’s a simple process.
Commercial washing machines are a great option instead of your regular domestic washing machines if you have a large extended family living under one roof. They are heavy duty and durable so you are sure to get a lot of use out of them!