If you’re a coffee connoisseur then you must have thought about roasting your own coffee beans at the right place at least several times. Maybe you want to take it up a notch from your regular coffee maker and try your hand at perfecting your very own artisanal coffee brews.
Perhaps, you are a small café owner and want to produce signature blends that are exclusive to your shop and need the right tools to do so. In this post, I have compiled a list of the best commercial coffee roasters currently available online.
The 5 Best Commercial Coffee Roaster Machines
|Best Overal||TOPCHANCES Electric Coffee Bean Roaster Machine,750g 1200W||4.6|
|Runner Up||JIAWANSHUN 110V Electric Coffee Bean Roaster Machine||3.8|
|Best Budget Pick||JIAWANSHUN 300-500g Electric Coffee Roaster Machine||3.9|
|Capacity 400g||DYVEE Coffee Bean Cooler Electric Roasting Machine||4.8|
|Capacity 200 - 250g||KALDI Coffee Roaster Machine||3.8|
Roasting coffee beans brings out wonderful hidden flavors and fragrances from the beans and makes your coffee experience much more enjoyable and satisfying. It is far superior than instant coffee and watered-down concoctions at your home or café. Imagine having café quality roasted coffee beans right in your very own kitchen!
Why Roast Coffee Beans at Home?
Well, it’s quite economic to do so and you get to be in control of the process. You can be generous with the amounts of beans you roast to brew your own coffee, unlike coffee shops that may not serve up the fairest cup of joe yet still charge an exorbitant price. Apart from that, it’s very convenient and time saving.
You can use the time you would take to travel to your favourite café, join the line to place your order then wait on your order to be put together much more wisely if you had pre roasted coffee beans at home using the best commercial coffee roaster machine at your own pace. In most cases, roasted coffee beans can store up to week and still be as fresh and aromatic as the day it was roasted.
How Can You Roast Coffee on Your Own?
Thankfully there are many great commercial coffee roaster machines on the market that can also be used in your home kitchen as they are fantastic for the cafe. Not only will you personalize your brew, roasting coffee beans at home is cost saving and can be done on your own time with no long lines and cranky patrons to encounter. You can create unique blends and experiment with different coffee beans from all over the world right in your home kitchen or start up café.
So how do you go about choosing the best commercial coffee roaster machine to suit your needs? Various factors come into play, such as your budget, the size of the appliance, how it looks with your room decor, availability and how frequently you intend to use it and of course maintenance. To help with narrowing down your options, here is a list of the top-rated commercial type coffee roaster machines that have been tried, tested and approved by many consumers.
Here are the 5 Best Commercial Coffee Roaster Brands
This is one of the more affordable options available and carries the following features:
- It has a capacity of 750 grams
- 110V power voltage and 1200W
- Automatic thermostat with heat settings that go up to 240 degrees Celsius that bakes beans evenly
- Nonstick roasting pan
- Heat resistant transparent cover
- Light weight and compact design which is easy to operate
- Weighs 6-7lbs and is easy to move around
It’s very easy to use. Simply load your desired amount of beans, adjust the temperature and let it roast for 30 minutes or until you are satisfied with level of roasting and the color of the beans whether it’s light, medium or dark roast coffee. A great perk is that the inner baking tray is made of a nonstick material that is nontoxic and easy to clean and maintain. Its transparent cover allows you to see your beans as they roast without having to uncover it and let heat escape and hamper the process.
Another small and compact design coffee roaster that is easy to maneuver. This roaster is more targeted for home users but can also be used in a small café and small restaurant kitchens. Its main features are:
- 110V power voltage and 800W (it also comes in 220 V and 1200 W for a slighter higher price)
- Nonstick baking tray
- Automatic thermostat for even baking and adjustable temperature (up to 240 degrees Celsius)
- After sales service and post purchase technical assistance and repair service
- Stainless steel design with transparent cover
- It has a capacity of 750 grams
While this model carries feature that are more or less the same as the TOPCHANCES coffee roaster it is similar in capacity and has customer services from the seller after purchasing directly from them. It’s also got a nontoxic and non-stick interior as well which makes it easy to clean and a transparent cover that lets you have a clear view of your roasting beans.
This is another model from Jiawanshun and it’s got many of the same features as #2 with a few differences. For instance:
- It has THREE voltage options from 110V, 120V and 220V (each differs in price)
- You can also use it to bake peanuts, popcorn and nuts
- Capacity of 300 to 500 grams at a time
- Teflon nonstick interior
It’s got the same automatic thermostat feature to regulate the heat settings which also go up to 240 degrees Celsius and transparent cover for viewing your beans in action. It’s also suitable to bake other food items like peanuts. It has a very lightweight design and weighs less than 7lbs with a sleek design that is easy to set up in your kitchen. It’s wonderful for home use and so simple to use and maintain with its non-stick Teflon baking tray.
While it’s not a coffee roaster this device is a great complimentary tool to employ in your home roasted coffee endeavors. It’s especially useful in a café or restaurant where brewed coffee is in high demand. This particular appliance has a unique feature, it comes with a double cooling filter to quickly cool down your beans after they’ve been roasted and this process takes just 1 to 2 minutes! Apart from this handy feature it also carries the following:
- DC Adapter powered (12v Universal Adapter)
- 400-gram bean capacity
- 6200r Fan (cooling filter)
- Very lightweight at less than 5lbs
- Stainless steel cylinder design with double filters
- Easy to use and clean
- Maintains crisp flavor
This is a great appliance to accompany your coffee roasting machine and helps you save time to prepare your brews, it’s a good investment if you frequently roast coffee and would like to cut down on the preparation time and have them cooled faster after reaching optimum roast level. And very basic to use, all you need to do is turn it on after you’ve put the hot beans in the tray.
This coffee roaster unlike the others previously listed is not electric powered. It requires a gas burner. It’s also the most expensive on our list and is a little more intricate to utilize at first, however, still easy to use and maintain. If you are a café owner or someone who is serious about your coffee roasting method this a product designed for you.
- It comes with a thermometer (250 degrees Celsius), chaffer, probe rod and hopper
- Easy to assemble
- It’s got a capacity of 250 grams
- It’s a drum type body design with perforations to evenly distribute and maintain heat levels
This roaster is more durable as it is gas powered even though it requires more engagement from the user to stir the beans and monitor the temperature of the beans and the roasting process. It’s great for daily use and fast turnover environments like a coffee shop. It’s quite sturdy and ideal for a small café or restaurant.
The user must be present to check in on the bean roasting process as it is not automatic but because it heats up to high temperatures quickly it’s not that much of a hassle and still saves time. It can roast beans to perfection in as little as 15 minutes!
So now that you’ve perused the five best commercial coffee roaster machines, you may still have a few questions up your sleeve before you decide to settle on one and that’s perfectly acceptable.
Related suitable item from Fresh Roast© Model SR-540 Coffee Roaster Machine which roast 120g at a time.
How do you choose a coffee roaster to suit your needs?
- Take your budget into account. The Topchances and Jiawanshun best commercial coffee roaster machines are quite affordable at less than $120 USD. It may seem high for some however, but the quality and the convenience of a fully automatic electric appliance is a deal breaker, you literally leave all the work up to the machine and all you have to do is load the beans and check the progress as it roasts. You can multi task while your coffee beans are roasting. And you get a lot of bang for your buck as they all have decent holding capacities from 250 to 750grams.
- Another factor is your kitchen space, all of the best commercial coffee roaster machine are compact designs, while the electric ones are more easy to move around your kitchen counter and pack away after use you need to make sure your electrical wall outlet is close enough for it to be plugged in and the Kaldi model must be set up on a stove which saves on counter space. All of the types of roasters come in compact sizes so they are space saving and can be stored in your cupboard if not in use.
- If you are now starting off you may not need a cooler to accompany your coffee roaster machine but for a more regular roaster or café owner you may want to invest in an appliance such as the Dyvee Cooler machine. It will save you a lot of time waiting for coffee beans to cool which is ideal for a small café business especially because it helps with providing efficient service and great flavorful coffee brews
How durable are they?
- Now as with all electrical appliances sometimes something can go wrong and your device may need repair, you can avoid this by choosing the gas burner-based roaster machine from Kaldi or take advantage of the post purchase customer service that is offered by Jiawanshun.
- They are safe to use. All of the materials that makes up the body and interior of the roasters are nontoxic and they are also durable stainless steel. The electric roasters are heat resistant so that you cannot injure yourself and have built in thermostats to regulate the heat output.
How easy are they to use?
- These coffee roaster machines are so easy to maintain and can last very long with proper care and usage. Consider it to be an investment rather than a splurge because you can get a lot of savings out of it roasting your own coffee at your place. Most of them come with nonstick interiors so that washing up after roasting beans is not complicated at all. Empty the beans and wipe the interior clean.
How and where can I even get a coffee roaster machine to use at home?
- These are available online, your local home and appliance store or restaurant supply chains
Hopefully these points have cleared up any doubts or uncertainties about investing in a coffee roaster machine for your household or commercial needs. There are many great advantages to having your own best commercial coffee roaster machine at home or cafe.
Choosing the best commercial coffee roaster machine is the hardest part because there are so many fantastic options with modern and easy to use features. Whether you are now starting off or have had experience with roasting coffee before, these appliances are sure to make life simpler and allow you to sit back and enjoy your morning cup of coffee with ease. You can savor a variety of wonderful tasty blends handcrafted by your own ingenuity and personal preferences right from your very own position.