Every business needs some tools to function well. Same is the concept with the food business. When you are interested in serving the consumers with top-quality and fresh food items; it becomes essential to have a commercial refrigerator in the premises. These large cooling machines ensure proper storage of products, especially in the summer season.
Investing in a commercial refrigerator is a big decision as you need to spend a considerable amount. Although the market is packed with an extensive range of commercial refrigerators from different brands, buyers often get confused while selecting the best one to meet their needs. Experts advise making a careful selection of products by comparing their features and efficiencies. If you are also facing some trouble in buying a commercial refrigerator, we recommend you to go through the guide below:
The 5 Top-Rated Commercial Refrigerators
|Best Overall||WP 52” Double Door Commercial Refrigerator||4.4|
|Runner Up||Procool 1000 Liter Display Beverage Cooler Merchandiser Refrigerator||4.9|
|Best Budget Pick||EdgeStar VBR240 Stainless Steel Commercial Beverage Merchandiser||4.2|
|Best Refrigerator||Dukers LG-430 Commercial Single Swing Door Glass Merchandiser refrigerator||5.0|
|3-Door Refrigerator||Procool Commercial Glass 3-Door Merchandiser||4.0|
There is a long list of facts and ideas that you need to focus on while buying a new refrigerator; few of them are listed below:
Check out the storage requirements:
The very first thing you must consider while investing money on a refrigerator is the routine storage requirements at your business. Note that, the running cost of these units also keep on varying with the increasing storage space. When you are opening a new retail shop or restaurant, there is no need to invest in a large freezer room. Make sure you pick a refrigerator, whole initial cost and running cost do not pose a burden on the limited income of your business. However, if you have already established your brand in the market and cater to huge traffic every day, a large freezer room is the best choice for your needs.
Choose the right style:
With the advancements in technologies, the refrigeration industry has revolutionized by a great extent. There is no need to choose a random product from the market; you can compare various available choices and select the most suitable one for your business. The fact is that style if the refrigerator keeps on changing as the type of business. When you are running some retail store for food items, you may need a refrigerator that not just store the collection safely rather at the same time; it must put them on catchy display. You can look for the glass door refrigerators but make sure they have stable door arrangements. Some of the most common choices available in the market are a mini freezer, under counter, horizontal and upright.
Look for a trustworthy brand:
Well, there are numbers of brands in the refrigeration industry that are designing competitive products to serve the buyers around the world. But all of them are not fair and equally reliable. While buying a new refrigerator for your business, it is better to look for famous brands and compare their products on the basis of quality. You can also check the reviews of early buyers in the market to ensure that you make a trouble-free investment for your growing business. Note that, famous brands that have earned considerable reputation in the market guarantee a lower risk of failures for their equipment.
Another essential parameter for buying a new refrigerator is the running cost or energy consumption rating. As these products do much heavy work, it is normal to get higher monthly bills on electricity per month. But the best idea is to pick an appliance with an energy star rating as these commercial refrigerators consume lesser power in routine. Such equipment can help you save more for the long run.
Choose a size:
You will be happy to hear that refrigerators for commercial use these days come in a variety of shapes and size ranges. You must look for the most suitable product to meet the usual and routine requirements of your business. In general, the size of the refrigerator is measured in terms of numbers of doors. At present, the most popular ones are one, two and three door configurations. In order to find the perfect size for your business, it is first essential to measure the space at your retail store or restaurant so that exterior dimensions can fit perfectly in the limited area. While making a measurement, don’t forget the doorways; they must find enough space to open well. At the same time, you must look for the interior dimensions. This decision depends upon how many customers you serve in routine.
Best commercial refrigerators in the market:
Here is the top-rated addition for the cooks that are always in need of storing plentiful ingredients for their delicious recipes. It ensures professional quality performance with its double door, 52” dimensions.
- Comes with 6 spacious shelves
- Stainless steel finish with the well-fitting door lock
- Allows easy adjustment of the thermostat from outside to ensure perfect control
- Highly efficient tip mount compressor
- Easily installation and maintenance
- Doesn’t produce noise
- Possess a digital controller
- Manufacturers offer a 5-year warranty on the compressor
Procool is a popular brand in the commercial refrigeration industry, and this display cooler is currently serving numbers of retailers and restaurant owners around the world.
- Dynamic cooling system with energy efficient R290 refrigerant
- Digital controller with programmable defrost timer and temperature
- 2 interior LED lights for proper illumination
- Self-evaporating water tray that doesn’t demand to drain
- Anti-condensation system for the interior glass
- Adjustable shelves for efficient storage
- Programmable temperature range varies from 33 to 50 degree F
- 4 casters included
- 3 years warranty on the compressor
Here is another giant in the refrigeration industry. EnergyStar designed this merchandiser with top-notch features to ensure complete satisfaction to the buyers.
- Freestanding design with 8.6 cu.ft capacity
- Designed with dual pane glass
- Interactive digital display with the advanced control panel
- Interior LED light and security lock arrangement
- Super quiet design that ensures smooth running for years ahead
- Intelligent temperature alarm to protect your beverages and food items from spoiling
- Strong and crisp door closure mechanism
- Thoughtful design with a sleek appearance
This refrigerator is designed perfectly to ensure a catchy display at any food business. This efficient product from Dukers is loaded with a single swing door and appears the best choice for start-up businesses with its limited space arrangement.
- Makes use of super bright LED lighting along with backlit marquee to ensure proper illumination for your foodstuff
- Easy temperature adjustments through a digital control unit and indicator LED lights
- Highly efficient design with heavy-duty bottom mounted compressor
- Designed with four removable or adjustable wire shelves
- Anti-fogging tempered glass
- Wire shelves to ensure easy organization and storage
- Comes with 4 casters that can be easily adjusted
- Wide temperature ranges from 32-degree F to 50-degrees F
- 5-year warranty on compressor part
- Manufacturers also offer aftersales services
Here is another top-notch product from Procool that secured its position among the top five best commercial refrigerators in the market. This three-door refrigerator is a highly efficient and beneficial choice for large food businesses.
- Environment-friendly and highly energy-efficient design with R290 refrigerant.
- Comes with a digital controller with programmable defrost and temperature settings.
- 3 closing doors with separate lock and key
- Dual pane outer door with a tempered glass finish
- Interior LED lights to ensure full illumination
- Anti-condensation systems dedicated to interior doors
- High-quality self-evaporating water tray
- Spacious design 56.5 cubic ft capacity
- 3 years warranty on the compressor part
Maintenance tips for commercial refrigerators:
Most of the business owners ignore commercial refrigerator maintenance and repair due to over busy work routines. But it is high time to understand that such ignorance can lead to huge loss in terms of expensive fixes at a later stage. These large size refrigerators need time to time maintenance, and these habits can naturally boost the overall lifespan of the equipment. Below we have highlighted a few essential care tips for commercial refrigerators:
In order to address the possible issues on time, it is necessary to spare time for routine inspection of the refrigerator. Note that, condensers that stay below the cover often get loaded with lots of dirt and soon they prevent heat dissipation. Moreover, doors can also get torn with regular usage. All these factors must be addressed on time to avoid major harm to the machine.
It is well proven that a clean commercial refrigerator suffers lesser problems in its lifetime. Careful interior cleaning of the machine prevents mold that can otherwise hamper the working efficiency of the fridge. Also, the door seals must be cleaned on time to take out the dried-on spills; it helps to boost the working efficiency of the seal.
When you choose the right brand for buying a commercial refrigerator, they also ensure routine maintenance service to ensure good health of the equipment. The professional care procedures can help you save more on major repairs and replacements at a later stage.
Other Commercial Refrigerators We Reviewed
Arctic refrigerators are designed to offer high quality and professional performance at an incredible value. This stuff is tested according to 7 levels of NSF Standard, managed and monitored for a minimum of 13 hours before packing and shipping and must pass various QC inspections during the production process.
- Stainless Steel design
- It has high-efficiency fan motors, digital display, bottom installed compressor, and many others
- Comes with 3 epoxy coated adjustable shelves and locking caster
- Easy maintenance and cleaning
- Self-closing lock
- Removable door seal to replace easily
- It has a 5-year warranty on the compressor
Note: It is a machine with an energy star and is not supplied with the wheels installed.
- Stainless Steel Body
- 1/3 hp
- It has 2 doors, 2 Shelves, and rear mount compressor
- Comes with 5-year compressor warranty
Hope this guide will help you to pick the most efficient commercial refrigerator for your business.