There no doubt that the commercial treadmill is becoming more sought-after fitness equipment. In this post below, I have compiled a list of the best commercial treadmills currently available online.
These commercial treadmills are extremely demanded in different health and fitness gyms, hotel fitness rooms, physical therapy clinics, and so much more. Using a treadmill could help a person improve his or her speed and stamina.
The 5 Top Rated Commercial Treadmill Machines
|Best Overal||Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400 Treadmill||4.3|
|Runner Up||MaxKare Folding Electric Running Machine||4.4|
|Best Budget Pick||XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill||4.3|
|Best Workout Pick||NordicTrack T Series Studio Workouts Treadmill||4.3|
|Smart Treadmill Features||Horizon T101 Folding Fitness Treadmill||4.2|
A treadmill has a platform, which is covered with a belt that spins around when the user walks or runs on top of the machine. You will also find automatic treadmills, and it runs by itself once turned on.
Are you one of those people looking for the best commercial treadmill in town? Look no further because you are in the right place. In this post, allow us to present to you the top 10 picks of quality treadmills you can use commercially at your gym, fitness center, or apartment. But before we proceed to our review, let’s discuss first the factors you need to consider when buying one.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Commercial Treadmill
When shopping for your commercial treadmills, you will need to think whether you like to spend a bit more to provide your customers a machine with Bluetooth connectivity or high-end touchscreen or you want a cost-efficient, durable machine which will keep your members moving. Below is a rundown of the things you must look for when buying the best commercial treadmill.
In a commercial facility like a rec center or a health club, a standard treadmill will last between 4 to 7 years. The lifespan of your unit will depend on the model as well as the regular upkeep and maintenance.
The lifespan of your commercial treadmill will differ depending on various factors. This includes how it is maintained regularly, how many hours the unit is utilized every day, and the durability of the unit. Manufacturers normally provide four individual warranties, which cover the labor, parts, motor, and frame of the unit.
Standard warranties for commercial treadmills are ten years for the frame. There are five years of warranty for the motor, one year for the labor and five years for the parts. You might also find some manufacturers who provide personalized packages, allowing you to buy an upgraded warranty package. This might cover pre-scheduled maintenance visits.
Commercial treadmills with a bigger motor will cost you more. However, you can rest assured that it will provide a flawless experience. The majority of a commercial treadmill will feature a 4.5 to 5 horsepower motor. A user-propelled treadmill might be an alternative too, but not a cheap one. Several manual units could reach at least 4,000 dollars.
Did you know that treadmill provide a wide array of features? This includes shock absorption, fan, biometric monitors, preset workout programs, automated incline, video screens, touchscreens, cup holders, and media players. When buying a commercial treadmill, you must always balance the feature of the unit over its price. You must also consider how you could best serve a wide array of needs from your patrons.
The dimension of every unit will impact the entire layout of your gym. The width and length of your unit might also influence walkers and runners with various strides. You need to enable 2 to 3 feet of clearance on either side of every unit. There must be at least 6 feet of clearance at the back of every unit too. A walker’s stride might be shorter; however, you need to consider the longer stride of the runner. In case you didn’t know yet, runners normally need a track length of at least sixty inches.
Ultimately, commercial treadmills begin to cost at least 2,000 dollars, and it could run as higher as 10,000 dollars. You could expect to pay more for added options. This includes a built-in phone charger, heart rate monitors, cooling fans, integrated technologies and so much more.
Nowadays, you will find a wide range of best commercial treadmill available in the market. Nonetheless, which one must you pick from the array of brands or options? If you are still undecided to this question, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Consider reading our commercial treadmill machine reviews below.
Comparison of the 10 Best Commercial Treadmill Machines for Gym
|Product||Power||Max User Weight|
|Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill Running Machine||2.20 HP||220 lbs.|
|MaxKare Folding Treadmill Electric Motorized Running Machine||2.5 HP||220 lbs.|
|OppsDecor Under Desk 2-in-1 Treadmill||2.25 HP||220 lbs.|
|SereneLife SLFTRD18 Smart Folding Compact Fitness Machine||1 HP||265 lbs.|
|XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill||2.25 HP||250 lbs.|
|GYMAX Folding Treadmill Machine||2.25 HP||250 lbs.|
|ECHANFIT Folding Treadmill Running Machine||2.5 HP||220 lbs.|
|NordicTrack T Series Treadmills||2.6 HP||300 lbs.|
|Black Edition Horizon Fitness Treadmill||2.5 HP||300 lbs.|
|ProForm PFTL60916 505 CST Treadmill||2.5 HP||325 lbs.|
Here are the Best Commercial Treadmill Brands
1. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400 Treadmill Motorized Running Machine
- 9 built-in workout programs with big LCD displays time, pulse, calories burned, speed, distance
- Handrail controls enable you to control speed, start and stop
- Simple folding mechanism and soft drop system
- Designed for max users of 220 pounds
- 20 peak HP drive system offers speeds of 0.5 to 9 MPH
- 3 manual options
Considering its price, the Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill is rich in feature. This best commercial treadmill features nine workout programs and a manual mode. This machine is portable, foldable, and small. Its unfolded dimension is 62 inches long x 27 inches wide x 50 inches high. The folded dimensions are 34.5 inches long x 27 inches wide x 58 inches high.
The computer of this treadmill is easy to use too but worth mentioning. Users get a chance to receive feedback about pulse, calories, speed, distance, and time. Take note that the pulse is calculated through contact sensors, but it’s not hospital-level standards. This commercial treadmill machine could also measure BMI.
There are some drawbacks too. The warranty of the manufacturer is a bit short. The workout area is small as well, and the machine has a small weight capacity of 220 lbs.
- Comes nearly pre-assembled together with lubricating oil and a complete toolkit
- Nine helpful user-profiles and routines
- The deck is somewhat cushioned for better feel and grip
- Soft drop deck slides to a slow halt
- Three incline levels, which could be adjusted at the lower backside of the deck
- The pulse monitors on the handles are a bit impractical, as users won’t be holding them
2. MaxKare Folding Electric Treadmill 2.5HP Power 8.5 MPH Max Speed Running Machine
- Wireless intelligent control
- Cushioning system and 3 adjustable manual inclines such as 0°, 1°, 2° degrees
- Foldable design and low noise motor and safety emergency
- Large LCD screen and heart rate sensor
- 100% risk-free satisfaction guarantee
The commercial treadmill from MaxKare is no doubt one of the most valued by customers for various reasons. Are you looking for a running machine for less than 500 dollars? If yes, this commercial treadmill is just for you. Along with the 2.5 HP motor, shock absorption system, backlit LCD display, safety key, and speed up to 13.6 kilometers per hour, this unit got you covered!
This treadmill machine boasts an advanced hydraulic system, which is easily foldable, steady, highly durable, and elastic for optimum reliability. The low noise powerful motor is equipped with different advanced speeds of 0.5 to 8.5 mph for different workouts. What’s more, the 16 inches treadmill belt is a bit narrow for running.
This LCD screen gives you a comfortable viewing experience. It is equipped with a cell phone holder to effectively enjoy music for workouts. The soft drop system will sustain your floor, safe from any damage.
- Water pot holder
- Quite work experience
- Variety of 15 pre-set programs for convenience
- Heart rate monitor
- Built-in safety key for instant shut off
- Narrow belt width not ideal for running
- Manual incline changing options
3. OppsDecor Under Desk 2-in-1 Treadmill Walking Machine
- Walking and running treadmill
- Bluetooth speaker and phone bracket & remote control
- Ultra-quiet 2.25 HP motor
- Shock absorption running belt and space saver
Are you one of those individuals who think that movement and work can’t be mixed? Well, it’s time for you to be enlightened because this best commercial treadmill from OppsDecor will prove you wrong.
The strong and powerful 2.25 HP motor of this treadmill machine offers you constant momentum. You can guarantee the stable operation of the unit, and this machine is created to be extremely quiet as well. It also features a superior multi-layer composition. The running belt is designed with robust, long lasting materials, which will withstand against strenuous workout.
- Wide running belt
- It has a remote control
- Has a very minimalist design
- It comes with a built-in safety key to guarantee instant shut-off under emergency situations
- One user complained it stopped working while they use it
4. SereneLife SLFTRD18 Smart Treadmill Folding Compact Running Machine
- Support simple an quick assembly
- Digital LCD Display
- Safe to use
- Smart App control
- Heavy duty construction
- Running Belt: 39.3 * 13.4 in (L x W)
This portable commercial treadmill from SereneLife features numerous workout programs, speed settings, as well as display, which monitors vital work out details. The SereneLife commercial treadmill features a compact footprint and quick folding design along with stress-free transportation wheels to move around without hassle. Its folded size is 27.5 inches x 24.0 inches x 51.2 inches (L W H). Meanwhile, its unfolded size is 49.6 inches x 24.0 inches x 51.2 inches.
It’s worth mentioning as well that the LCD window console display enables the user to track their progress in calories burned, heart rate, distance, speed, and time. This is ideal for general runner, jogger, and walker. The low noise motor, as well as auto-stop safety function, comes with integrated safety key and emergency shut-off button to cut power immediately. The frame is made of superior quality of steel. It has a maximum weight size of 265 lbs.
The Smart App control will connect you to FitShow sports app for amazing workout routines. Its Bluetooth connectivity for Android and iOS will help you monitor your workouts effectively.
- Folds up for space-saving storage
- Bluetooth technology
- Safety clip for an automatic stop
- Handrail controls will enable you to control speed, stop and start
- Heart rate monitor is a bit inconsistent
- Few preset workout programs
- Small for tall and fat user
- Built-in uphill inclination
5. XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill
The XTERRA TR150 is equipped with a bright five inches LCD display which monitors the calories burned, total time, distance covered, speed, as well as pulse rate indicators. It will help you track your workout progress easily.
This best commercial treadmill is also equipped with twelve pre-configured workout programs, which might differ in the level of intensity. From less stressing physical workout routines, you could constitute the programs to up the ante for extreme routines.
Along with 2.25 HP motor, this best commercial treadmill could average up to speeds of 10 MPH. That makes this unit more suitable for light-leveled running routines.
- 16 inches x 50 inches running/waling surface
- 5 inches LCD display
- Speed range 0.5 to 10 MPH
- 12 preset programs
- 3 manual incline settings
- Three manually adjusted incline options
- XTRASoft cushion deck for total impact absorption
- 12 workout programs
- Fold-up design
- Simple to assemble
- The display only features a handful of manual programs on more cheap models
- The price is a bit expensive
6. GYMAX Folding Treadmill Heavy Duty Exercise Running Machine
- Powerful 2.25 HP motor and shock reduction
- 2-in-1 folding treadmill
- Premium running belt and multi-function LCD display
- Portable and easy to move
The GYMAX Treadmill could be no doubt one of the best commercial running machine today. It unites modernized high-tech functions, safety equipped designs, and stable construction. What’s more, the 2.25 HP motor will offer a quiet and smooth operation even if the user is running or walking.
This commercial treadmill machine also provides a silicone damping design for a running board. It aids remove the impact and shock around the belt while walking and running. It also helps safeguard the user’s knee joints and ankles.
- Silicon damping design of running belt for shock absorption
- Heart sensor
- Soft drop system
- Built-in safety key
- 12 Built-in workout plans
- Very easy to set up and fold up
- 3 Manual incline function
- For small petite user
- Only 6 months warranty
7. ECHANFIT Folding Treadmill Electric Motorized Running Machine
- Accessory holders
- 0.5 to 8.5 miles/h digital quick speed control
- 17 inches x 45 inches running surface
- Powerful 2.5 HP motor
- Folding up design
- 15 preset programs
- 3 manual incline settings
The ECHANFIT is another best commercial treadmill for any commercial gym or club. It is compact, and you could simply store it if not in use. Safe and versatile, your users can easily perform their regular running, jogging, and walking stress-free.
This portable treadmill machine is very solid and light. You could fit it even in a tiny space when not in use. When not use, you could easily fold it up and keep it somewhere out of the way. This unit is suitable for beginners and individuals who prefer to finish their 10,000 steps.
- Accurate heart rate measurement
- Less assembly needed
- Low noise motor
- Anti-slip running surface
- A sturdy steel construction
- Maximum user weight is only limited to 220 lbs.
- Only one year motor and 90 days parts warranty
- No Bluetooth
8. NordicTrack T Series On-Demand Studio Workouts Treadmill for Interactive Fitness
- 10 inches full-color capacitive touch display
- 2.6 HP drive system
- Quick speed control
- 300 pounds user capacity
NordicTrack is the sought-after and best commercial treadmill company who has paired and synced with iFit through Bluetooth, iOS, and Android. This function offers you unlimited professional training options and workouts to choose from.
This machine is geared by digital design for the measurement of pulse control and speed adjustment. It also comes with a wide running belt. This commercial treadmill from NordicTrack becomes the most favored treadmill that will offer your users with comfort and ease of use. The high-tech design and the advanced materials of FlexSelect are connected in this model. It helps remove the stress on ankles and knees while running and walking.
- 20 built-in workout sessions and personalized function for personal training
- FlexSelect cushioning deck
- Wide running belt
- Digitally adjust incline ratio
- CardioGrip for heart measurement and ratio
- Require support to assemble the parts
- Somewhat noisy while running
9. Horizon Fitness T101 Folding Running Treadmill
- 10-speed keys and 10 incline keys
- Bluetooth enabled
- Feather-light folding
- 3-zone variable response cushioning
The Horizon T101 is one of the best commercial treadmills in the market, which comes at a reasonable cost. This unit comes with a strong construction, which must be more than enough to be utilized for commercial purposes. It is geared with a 2.5 HP motor that strikes an excellent balance between being quiet and powerful.
It also boasts a special three-zone variable response cushioning, making this unit simple on the user’s joints while offering a strenuous workout where needed.
- Unbeatable lifetime warranty
- Added features such as USB port, water bottle holders and more
- Sonic sound system
- 20 inches running belt
- It doesn’t enable for heart rate monitoring via chest band
10. ProForm 505 CST Daily Workout Treadmill
- Adjustable incline for different workout
- Frame holds up for storage
- 18 workout apps built in
- Frame made of thick steel
Last but surely not the least, you should not forget about the ProForm 505 CST Treadmill if you are only seeking for the best commercial treadmill. This is created with 20 inches width and ideal for motor version. It will help your user reach their intermediate level of running until 10 MPH with quick adjustments of incline degree and speed.
The ProShox cushioning offers this model the power to lower joint and knee damage throughout intense training. Further, the EKG Pulse Heart Rate Sensor connected on the handlebar is a good feature on this machine.
- Compact design
- Quick speed and incline control
- Offers decent basic
- A bit complicated when setting up
- How to Use a Treadmill For Beginners and All Ages
- Best Black Garlic Fermenter Machine Reviews and Health Benefits
Do you like to know more details about a commercial treadmill? In this section, we will present the frequently asked questions about them. Check them out to choose the best running workout tools.
#1. Who would employ the treadmill?
Take note that the treadmill you would be purchasing would vary on how much the user weight, how tall they are, and the number of people who will use it. The majority of treadmills have their own maximum user weight limit. Therefore, you need to make sure your treadmill can support your member’s body weight. For tall individuals, you could go for machines with long decks, as their stride will be a bit longer than average.
#2. How much could I afford?
Determine how much you could spend on a commercial treadmill. Consider numbers one to four and then pick a treadmill in that price range which fits you best. If you cannot pick the best commercial treadmill in that price range, you could look for a bit higher.
#3. What features do I need?
You must be able to know the features, which will be useful to you. Ensure the treadmill you purchase has such features. If your members like to work out in their target heart rate, then you need to go for a machine with a heart rate monitor.
#4. How often would the treadmill be utilized?
The price and quality of your best commercial treadmill would also vary on the number of times it will be used in a week and for how long. An individual who weighs over 200 pounds and wishes to runs on it for thirty minutes per day, 7 times a week must have a treadmill in the 1,500 to 2,000 dollars range.
#5. How much commercial treadmill should my gym have?
Are you building a gym? If yes, you need to chart a franchise method about the number of treadmills to offer. Below is a standard breakdown of gym workout space you need to consider:
- 20 percent group exercise
- 33 percent cardio equipment
- 47 percent strength equipment
Therefore, 1/3 of a standard gym is for cardio equipment. You need to make this computation and then minus any space kept for other units for cardio. Take note that treadmills are more likely to be a top choice of members, but you will like to provide more variety.
Picking the best commercial treadmill for a gym, fitness club, or hotel is daunting and nerve-wracking. However, it doesn’t need to be. We hope this review of the best commercial walking and running machine may offer you helpful information and references for your decision. Good luck!