Are you looking for the best copier machines for small businesses? Well, maintaining a small business is not that much easy, you think. You have to be careful of spending every buck you pursue of profit. Budget plays a vital role in almost every area of your business. But one of the areas where it is obvious to spend too much if you do not care is office supplies. A photocopy machine is one of the most important necessities of all offices. Whether you are running a small business, organization, firm, bank, health care, or a print shop, you must need a good photocopier to save costs or grow your business. You need a copier that you can count on, but it can be challenging to recognize which one is best for your business’s needs.
The 5 Best Copier Machines for Small Business
|Best Overal||HP LaserJet Pro M426fdw Wireless Laser Printer All-in-One||4.0|
|Runner Up||Canon imageCLASS D570 Wireless 3-In-1 Color Laser Multifunction Printer||4.2|
|Best Budget Pick||Brother Monochrome All-In One Multi-functional Laser Printer||4.0|
|Lexmark-Duplex||Lexmark MX517de Monochrome Laser Printer with Scan All-in-One||4.7|
|Epson-Supertank||Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Wireless All-in-One Supertank Color Printer||4.5|
Small businesses have narrow earning, so it is usually very difficult to make a decision to buy a commercial machine instantly. To meet the requirements of the office, you must be very careful to pick the best small office copier machine at an affordable price. There are so many features that you need to keep in mind before buying a photocopy machine.
We all need guidance sometimes, and we’re here to give it a hand. We’ve reviewed many of the top copiers on the market. We have picked a list of the top 10 best copier machines for small businesses currently to help you make the right choice.
Things to Look for Before Buying a Copier Machine
A copier is an essential piece of office equipment for most of the business and organization. For a small business perspective, it becomes more important to select the right one for the prospects of the company. Some basic things you must keep in mind before purchasing a copier machine. There are numerous features that you would want to have in your machines, such as duplexing, price, and speed. In today’s latest technology, we have versatile machines that can scan, print, and fax along with the photocopy.
Here are a couple of things to look for when you’re selecting the best copier machines for small businesses:
Budget is the most vital factor for a start-up or small business. You got to be very careful about what you purchase and its effectiveness. The cost of your desired machine will give you a basic comparison with different types of devices. Calculate the cost of the toner of the machine and number of copies you can get from a machine before replacing a new one. You need to avoid complicated machines; thus, they are high in price.
Energy-efficient machines consume low energy and result in low utility bills. For a small business, you need to be careful about that. Moreover, the machines run in low energy remain cool and reduce the environmental damage of your office.
The number of copies you can generate through your machine is essential in the perspective of a small business. You need to be planned to get the highest result from your limited resources. You need to find out the best copier machines for small businesses to fulfill your goal. Almost every copier has a print volume tagline that will help you to find out the best one.
You must know how quickly you want your machine to deliver. The number of pages the machine can print per minute is a good point if you want a large amount in a quick time. The processor speed and RAM play a functional role in a copier machine in term of speed. So check it out before purchasing a copier machine.
Print quality depends on the DPI (dots per inch) of a copier. Check the DPI of a copier according to your business’s needs. Generally, a copier with 1,200 x 1,200 dpi is a good machine.
You don’t want a complex machine, right? Check whether the machine is compatible with wireless, USB, and Ethernet or not. You will get the whole bunch of information on the tagline of a copier machine. Besides this, check the control panel of the machine. Because the user interface is what that shows how easy it is to use.
Multifunction Products (MFPs)
A multifunctional copier machine has features such as scanning, printing, copying and fax capabilities which could be excellent for your business. Multifunctional capabilities and functions can save money on the purchase of other machines and even office space. If you do not use the copier with multiple features, it may not be possible to copy colored presentations, colored images, marketing materials and more. Having a sales team in your office may require access to fax and printer regularly. The accounting department may need to use a scanner and a copier more often than others.
The mono copier uses only one color toner, usually black.
The color copier is used for color as well as black.
The desktop copier is designed for A4 paper or smaller size.
The network copier is used to connect to the office network and allow remote printing.
Comparison Table of Top 10 Best Copier Machines
|HP LaserJet Pro M426fdw Wireless Laser Printer All-in-One||• 40 pages/min|
• Good connectivity and navigation
• Touch screen interface
|Canon imageCLASS D570 Wireless 3-In-1 Color Laser Multifunction Printer||• 28 Pages/ min|
• Simple Control Panel navigation
|Brother Monochrome All-In One Multi-functional Laser Printer||• USB direct interface|
• Up to 36 pages/min
|Lexmark MX517de Monochrome Laser Printer with Scan All-in-One||• 45 Pages per min|
• Print from mobile
|Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Wireless All-in-One Supertank Color Printer||• 15 pages/min|
• Two-sided printing
|Dell Consumer C3765dnf 35PPM laser printer||• 32 pages/min|
|Brother HL-L8360CDW 33PPM Business Wireless Color Laser Printer||• 33 pages/min|
• Auto Duplex
|HP LaserJet Pro M428fdw Wireless Multifunction Laser Printer||• 40 pages/min|
• Duplex scanning
|HP Officejet Pro 8730 D9L20A All-In-One Wireless Color Printer||• 24 white pages/min|
• Energy Star
|Multifunction Pantum M6552NW Monochrome Wireless Laser Printer||• 23 Pages per min|
• Energy star
Best Copier Machines for Small Businesses
We have researched and reviewed hundreds of copier machines from the market and found a few numbers of products that are best in quality and overall flexibility. Here are some of the best copier machines for small businesses to buy in 2020.
1. HP LaserJet Pro M426fdw Wireless Laser Printer All-in-One is a multifunctional scanner, copier, fax, wireless printing and Monochrome laser printer. It offers quality performance in scanning, faxing and documents copying. The control panel of this machine gives an effortless and comfortable operating environment for quick output.
- 40 pages/min with an input capacity up to 350 sheets
- USB and wireless connectivity along with web connectivity, eprint and USB slot
- Touchscreen interface
- Original HP ink is suggested for better result
2. Canon imageCLASS D570 Wireless 3-In-1 Color Laser Multifunction Printer has an excellent control panel to operate this machine. This easy-to-operate interface allows you to maximize its uses and has a great speed of 28 pages per min in Black & White color printing.
- It has the capacity up to 28 pages/min with 250 sheets handling
- Good connectivity (wireless, web, and USB)
- Very easy Fax system as it allows to scan and forward receive faxes through email recipient
- Well organized scan, print, copy and fax function
3. Brother Monochrome All-In One Multi-functional Laser Printer offers a high quality of productivity with reliable and cost-efficient features that a small business demands. It is designed to fulfill the demands of the small office.
- Flexible connectivity with wireless and Ethernet interface
- 2.7” Touchscreen user interface for navigation
- Printing Speed of 36 pages/minute
- Duplex printing/scanning/copying
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) built-in
- Included toner/printing up to 2 years
If you have a busy office environment and have less time for maintaining your machine then Lexmark MX517de multifunction is the right one for you. It can print twelve thousand pages a month without any bugs and errors. Because of having a high yield of the toner cartridge, you don’t need to refill the ink so often.
- A printing speed of 45 pages/min
- High resolution
- A dual-core 800 MHz processor with built-in 512MB Ram that can be upgradeable up to 2.5 GB
- Multitasking (copy, print, scan, and fax)
- 4.3 inches color captive touch screen user interface
- Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
- Wireless, smartphone and Wi-Fi connectivity navigation
A printing machine that can operate from a phone is a fun thing. This Epson ET-4760 allows you to print from a phone using Wi-Fi. Besides, this machine can do your office work faster than many other printers in the market. These efficient features make it one of the best office companions in terms of small office or organization.
- Comes with Print, Copy, Scan, Wireless, ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) and Fax features
- 4 inches color display and voice-activated printing
- 15 Pages/min
- Can print up to A4, A6 Executive + Half letter, 8.5*14 inch and more
- Auto two-sided printing
- Comes with one bottle of 502 Black color (127 mL) and one bottle each of 502 Magenta, Cyan, Yellow colors which is 70 mL per bottle.
Note: It could not print 11*17 sheets.
6. Dell Consumer C3765dnf 35PPM is a multifunctional color laser printer that offers copy, scan, and fax requirements for small businesses. It delivers 32 pages per minute in black & white output up to 80,000 monthly. That front panel has a 4.3 inches digital color LCD screen for monitoring. This machine is connected through the wire, and you have to buy a separate adapter to use wireless technology.
- 32 pages/min
- Auto-Duplex feature
- Come with toner cartridges
- Paper paper size 8.5 x 11 inch
7. Brother HL-L8360CDW 33PPM Business Wireless Color Laser Printer is a fast, reliable machine that allows you to copy your office documents alongside with scan, copy, print, and fax. For small businesses or organizations, this is an amazing machine that brings quality and efficiency on the same page. It offers multiple connectivity options via wireless, printing from mobile devices or an Ethernet network.
- Multifunctional (Fax, scan, print, and copy)
- 2.7” touch display offer navigation
- Speed up to 33 color & white Pages/min
- Wireless and Ethernet connectivity with USB direct interface
- Top-quality intensity about 600×2400 dots class
- One year limited warranty
8. HP LaserJet Pro M428fdw Wireless Multifunction Laser Printer offers multifunctional task such as print, scan, copy and fax also designed for the needs of small businesses. It is durable and efficient for the long run.
- It can print up to 40 pages/min and up to 4,000 pages/month
- 2.7 inches color touchscreen
- Multifunctional (Print, Scan, Fax, Copy)
- 50 sheet auto document feeding
- It prefers HP tonner to get a better result
- Available single-pass duplex scanning
- It has up to 1200 x 1200 dpi scanning resolution
- Easy to configure and reasonable price
When you are working in a small business, you must be aware of the performance of every tool you buy. This HP Officejet Pro 8730 D9L20A is an energy-efficient machine with maximum productivity. This machine scans both sides of a document when it is placed through the auto document feeder.
- Energy star qualified
- 24 white pages/min & 20 color pages/min
- Compatible with the mobile phone, ethernet and USB device
- Fast and secure scanning and faxing
- User-friendly control panel and interface
- Multitasking (scan, print, copy, and fax)
Accelerate work efficiency with the multifunction copier along with wireless connectivity, 600 MHz processor, and 128 MB of RAM. It works very efficiently, prints up to 10k pages per month and 150 pages of paper input capacity. The copier can copy a single page less than 7.8 seconds.
- 23 pages/min
- Connect WiFi and USB 2.0
- Print, Scan, Copy Functions
- Print Resolution Max 1200×1200 dpi
- 2.0 Energy Star
- Comes with a built-in cartridge
- Manually duplex printing
- One year warranty
How to Use a Copier Machine
By having a photocopier in your office, you are responsible for making hundreds of photocopies every day. You might be worried and embarrassed if you don’t have the experience to operate the copy machine. But you shouldn’t worry about that. The following guidelines can help you get better performance to deal faster.
Turn on the Copier Machine
Before pressing the power button, make sure you have connected the power cord to the power source. Then press the power button to switch on the copier. Some of the copiers may have the button on the top of the right or left side. If the machine is already on but does not respond, press the “copy” button to turn on from “sleep mode.” The copier will automatically go into “sleep mode” if it is not “turned off” after completing the copy task.
Before proceeding with the next step, you need to make sure that the paper tray contains enough paper for copying/printing. The paper tray is located at the bottom of most machines, which opens from the front or right or left. Most of the copier machine has the paper tray at its bottom, which opens from the front or right or left. Fill the tray with papers if it is empty and go to the next step.
Place the Document
The next step is to place the document you want to copy on the glass surface after lifting the copier cover. You’ll get options on the edge of the glass surface of the copier to help you determine the position of the page, either horizontally or vertically. Choose horizontal position option if you are copying A4 size paper.
Close the copier cover once the paper is correctly placed. Now go to the control panel and select the desired number you want to copy. You can adjust the color preference and press the color button if you copy a color document. Otherwise, press the black or white button to copy a black and white document.
After selecting the color preference, you may have to choose the paper size. Most copy machines come with a default page size of 8.5 x 11″, as it is the standard paper size. If you need a special size, you will have to place the paper in the paper tray.
Hit the Copy Button
Once you are done with all the control panel settings, it is time to hit the copy button to copy the document. Most copiers have the “Copy” button labeled as the start button or the larger button (usually green). Finally, you have the copies.
Other Copier Machines We Reviewed
11. Xerox WorkCentre 6505/DN Color Multifunction Printer offers a solid lineup of productivity to make your office work efficient and affordable.
- Printing Speed up to 24 pages/min
- Digital screen user interface for navigation
- Convenient side panel to replaced toner cartridges easily
- It has a processor of 533 MHz
- Resolution of 600×600 for print, fax, and scan
- USB and Ethernet connectivity
This excellent copier comes in with an LED multi-functional printer. The Workcentre 6015/NI Printer is an all in one machine that includes copier, scanner, and fax. Most of the small business organizations need this kind of machine to fulfill the workloads with quality.
- High-speed Coping (15 Pages per Minute)
- Multifunctional (Fax, Scan, Copy)
- Noise Cancellation
- Sharp optical resolution of 1200 x 2400 dpi
- Satisfactory fax resolution of 400×400
Something you must be conscious of when it comes to operating the copier machine by a new user. Here are some tips for using a copier machine safely and efficiently.
- Always make sure to place the copier in a well-ventilated office room to keep it free of gas and heat. Positioning is the most vital point to consider to avoid unnecessary stretching and bending.
- Before operating a new machine, read the guidance manual.
- Always use the qualified technician for repair.
- Clean the whole machine and glass surface inside the cover with a clean cloth or tissue.
- The empty tray should be loaded with the correct size paper.
- Try learning how to maintain the copier.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does the copier machine last?
The lifespan of the copier machine depends on the brand, the model and the style itself. As the technology gets smarter from day to day, floor-standing copier models that are not used often last more than 7-10 years. According to the manufacturer, the photocopier that is used regularly lasts on average, 5 years in general. With minor and regular maintenance, it can last longer.
What are the features of a photocopier?
A photocopier machine has some basic features that you must know before buying one.
- Resolution: Dots per inch (DPI)
- Speed: Pages per minute (PPM)
- Automatic document feeder (ADF)
What are the best copier machines for small businesses to buy in 2020?
- HP LaserJet Pro M426fdw Wireless Laser Printer All-in-One
- Canon imageCLASS D570 Wireless 3-In-1 Color Laser Multifunction Printer
- Brother Monochrome All-In One Multi-functional Laser Printer
- Lexmark MX517de Monochrome Laser Printer with Scan All-in-One
- Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Wireless All-in-One Supertank Color Printer
- Dell Consumer C3765dnf 35PPM
- HP LaserJet Pro M428fdw Wireless Multifunction Laser Printer
- Brother HL-L8360CDW 33PPM Business Wireless Color Laser Printer
- HP Officejet Pro 8730 D9L20A All-In-One Wireless Color Printer
- Multifunction Pantum M6552NW Monochrome Wireless Laser Printer
- Xerox WorkCentre 6505/DN Color Multifunction Printer
- Workcentre 6015/NI Color Multifunction Printer