Are you searching for a feature-rich and an efficient panini press for your food business? Probably, you are excited to serve customers at your restaurant with crispy bread loaded with flavored veggies, meat and melted cheese. A panini press is used for roasting, pressing sandwiches and making quesadillas.
A commercial panini press is the most necessary kitchen equipment which can reduce your workload instantly. The commercial sandwich and panini grill are a great asset for the foodservice business. It is best to make panini sandwiches with ciabatta, baguettes or michetta bread.
The market is loaded with a wide range of panini presses; you may find it challenging to choose the best one. Well, in order to pick the best product for your routine needs, it is better to check a few key features and compare available products accordingly. Below we have highlighted a few tips to choose the best panini press to ease your business purchase decision.
The 5 Top-Rated Commercial Panini Press
|Best Overall-Most Sold||Stainless Steel Cuisinart GR-300WSP1 Griddler Elite||4.5|
|Runner Up||Waring Commercial WPG150 Compact Italian-Style Panini Grill||4.0|
|Best Budget Pick||Breville BGR820XL Smart Grill||4.5|
|Best Panini Grill||Single head SS Durable Panini Sandwich Press Grill by ALDKitchen||4.2|
|Panini Grill with Waffle Plates||Cuisinart 5-in-1 Grill Griddler Panini Maker with Waffle Plates||4.5|
Tips for choosing the best commercial panini press:
With a floating hinge, it is possible to close the grill at variable height ranges; it means, you can prepare a shorter grilled cheese sandwich and bigger baguette sandwich with ease. The great news is that the new age model with this feature falls in the affordable spectrum; you can easily buy one for your restaurant business.
This feature is usually available in the high-end grill models only, but once you have such a machine, it can help you prepare a variety of food every day. It offers easy adjustment of temperature for sandwich and burgers as well. Hence, you can enjoy a versatile service with a single purchase.
Some people love to choose grills with a smaller surface area to save some space in their kitchen, but when you are buying this appliance for commercial needs, the larger surface area will be an excellent choice. But it is essential to understand that the price of the panini press also increases with its size.
The new-age manufacturers are also offering removable plate designs for easy cleaning. You can look for the one whose plates are dishwasher safe. It will save much of your cleaning time in routine. Some brands also offer cleaning brushes with the product.
Best commercial panini press 2020:
Now you are aware of the essential features of a panini press; it will be easier to make the final purchase decision. Below we have listed some of the best commercial panini press products that you can think of buying to meet your everyday needs:
1. Cuisinart GR-300WSP1 Griddler Elite Stainless Steel: (14900+ ratings)
This griddle is designed with six impressive cooking functions that can handle all your cooking tasks with ease. This all in one unit can work like a grill, half grill, griddle, half griddle, top melt sandwich, panini press, appetizers, and meats as well. The overall cooking surface on this griddle is 240 square, and it can sear up to 500 Degree Fahrenheit.
- 6 cooking functions
- Removable plates and integrated drip tray for easy cleaning
- Dual-zone temperature control
- Adjustable top cover
- 60-minute countdown timer with electronic LCD display
- LED indicator
This compact panini grill is made up of brushed stainless steel material, and it can be used to prepare vegetables, chicken, hamburgers, sandwiches and many more. The ribbed cast-iron plates ensure even heating, and the hinged, auto-balancing plate on the top can handle food with a maximum thickness of 3 inches. Moreover, the thermostat can reach up to a maximum temperature rating of 570-degree Fahrenheit.
- High quality brushes stainless steel design
- Ribbed cast iron plates that ensure even heat distribution
- Heat resistant handles and indicator lights
- Certified by NSF and UL
- It is good for the small cafe and home too
- It comes with a specific brush called wire brush
3. Breville BGR820XL Smart Grill: ( 413+ ratings)
The Smart Grille Element IQ technology from Breville has finally omitted the gap between indoor and outdoor cooking. Manufacturers have added advanced sensors to this grille that make automatic adjustments for the cooking temperature. Also, the 1800W heating system provides rapid heat recovery by detecting heat losses on time.
- Comes with removable non-stick plates that are easy to clean
- Adjustable plate tilt
- 6 adjustable height control settings
- Removable and integrated drip tray with dishwasher safe plates
- Two different cooking modes: barbeque and panini
- Timer control and temperature control dial
- It has a lock for storage
- It cooks meat within a minute
This professional-quality panini press grill is rated high for its ultra-durable design and high-quality finish. This energy-efficient model can be used to prepare burgers, steak, fish, hot dogs and sandwiches as well. People find it an affordable solution for their food business with all-in-one cooking ability.
- Comes with heat resistant handles
- Fast and efficient panini grill
- Made up of stainless steel material
- Adjustable temperature control
- Removable grease tray for easy cleaning
- Manufacturers offer a 100% guarantee with money back offers & 6 months repair warranty
Cuisinart has introduced another versatile counter-top panini griddler equipped with waffle plates where you can prepare many things besides panini. You can easily cook waffles with the waffle plates that come with this maker. The dual temperature setting feature gives you great results on everything you cook.
- Versatile cooking
- 11*9 inches plates are nonstick & reversible
- Adjustable temperature settings with indicator lights
- Sturdy finishing
- Very easy to clean
Uses of the panini and sandwich press
The panini presses are designed for press and grill sandwiches. But the panini press is not limited to it’s binding and you can do a lot of things using a panini maker. Here is the list below:
- Bake a small cake in a panini press
- Make waffle cones for holding scoops and ice cream sandwiches
- Frying up the bacon
- Make crispy and golden hashbrowns dish
- Bake jumbo brownie
- BBQ smashed potato
- Grill boneless and skinless chicken
- Fry donut chips
- Cook healthy cheesy spinach & ham Omelet
- Make grilled cheesy crouton
- Grill hamburger
- Grill vegetables and salmon
- Reheat pizza, bread, roll, and cinnamon
- Bake Nutella waffle sandwich cookies & croissant french toast
More Commercial Panini Press We Reviewed
This sandwich press grill is designed with adjustable temperature control settings that can go up to 50-degrees Centigrade. Users can easily adjust the temperature as per the type of food they are preparing. Also, the coated surfaces ensure easy and even heat transfer to the entire area. This grill can be used to prepare fried bacon, tofu, chicken wings, fried steak, and squid as well.
- It is loaded with dishwasher safe, removable plates
- Made up of premium quality stainless steel material
- Heat resistant handles and non-slip feet
- Easy to clean, removable grease tray
- Ribbed cast iron plates
Chef’s Supreme – Commercial Panini Grill is one of the best panini pressing machines to add great value in the restaurant business. It has both side griddle plate that is made of high strength cast iron. The grooved plates and the iconic marks of the grill increase the flavor and the presentation of the dish.
- Only for commercial use
- 14*9 inches nonstick plates so huge cooking surface
It is one of the decent grill press that helps to cook fish and meat to maintain a healthful diet. Ovente GP1000BR press has an automatic timer to help you stop auto if you are working and forget. The power button on the front panel allows you to start and stop the press. It has an LCD and the control button which offers easy controlling. This machine is for everyday use but not for a busy restaurant.
- Stainless steel housing and a heat-free handle
- Automatic shutdown
- 10.2*9 inches non-stick plates
- Can reach a maximum of 400 deg temperature
- It comes with a grill brush and recipe booklet with instructions.
- For multiple uses like grill/sear fresh steaks, fish, chicken, chops, and more
If you have a small sandwich shop and you’re ready to serve sandwiches or quesadillas every day, then it’s an excellent option for a starter. It has a sturdy housing and a cool-touch handle for operation. A preset temperature control setting offers perfect panini without care. The IMUSA offers restaurant-quality paninis such as grilled sandwiches, chickens, veggies, potatoes, meats, and more.
- Flat grill plates
- Solid housing
- 1400 watt
- Indicator lights and an adjustable floating hinge
- Available in 2 different models
- At the same time, it is easy and quick to clean
Here is a feature-rich product from the most popular brand in the market. This 6 in 1 package can help you to prepare a variety of food items by working as a half griddle, half grill, full griddle, full grill, panini press, waffle maker and contact grill as well. Also, it comes with a few essential accessories such as cleaning brushes and a detailed user guide to ease the operation for beginners. The best news is that this product also works like a top melt. Key Features: 6-in-1 product with effective controls Easy to remove drip tray that can be washed in the dishwasher Comes with waffle plates Includes BPA free and heat resistant tongs Cleaning brushes ensure easy removal of food and grease FDA certified product
You can pick any of these products to serve your customers with the most delicious food collections at your restaurant.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take?
It is effortless and easy to cook panini with a panini press. It may take about 3-5/6 min to cook as per the manufacturer’s guidance until it is golden and crisp.
What temperature should a panini press be?
Mostly it is based on what you need the heat to do for panini. A medium-high temperature of around 375 deg would be best if you like to melt cheese and grill bread for a simple grilled cheese.
Can we make sandwiches with this?
Yes, use the low configuration setting and the panini switch. It does an excellent job with the crispness of the quesadillas. We use it for eggs, bacon, pancakes, or sausage, and almost everything else.
Can I use George Foreman’s cleaning sponges on this?
I read the advice for using them; flat plates are easier to clean. Here you go…
Does it generate smoke when grilling?
Yes, it creates a little smoke; however, not a great deal.