A floor dryer, carpet dryer, air mover, or blower fan is the same fan called by different names is simply a fan designed to provide a large flow of directed air with the major purpose of drying waterlogged floors, carpets or any damp ambiance. In this post below, I have compiled a list of the best carpet dryer fan currently available online.
The 5 Best Floor/Carpet Dryer Air Mover Blower Fans
|Best Overal||Max Storm 1/2 HP Air Mover Carpet Dryer Blower||4.6|
|Runner Up||XPOWER X-830 1 HP 3600 CFM 3 Speed Professional Air Mover Fan||4.8|
|Best Budget Pick||B-Air VP-25 1/4 HP 900 CFM Air Mover Dryer Blower Fan||4.8|
|3 Speed Fan||Dri-Eaz F351 Sahara Pro X3 TurboDryer 3-Speed Floor Dryer Blower Fan||4.5|
|2 Speed Fan||CFM Pro Air Mover Carpet Floor Dryer 2 Speed 1/2 HP Blower Fan||4.8|
They can be used to remediate a variety of situations and quickly diminish the impact of spills, floods or other water/liquid related events on carpets/floors and also help to prevent mold from forming by quickly eliminating the moist conditions required by mold to thrive.
Why should you use a floor dryer fan/carpet dryer fan?
The best Floor / Carpet dryer fans are ideal if you have just suffered water damage to your floors or carpets as a result of floods or large leaks or spills. They provide a strong, directed airflow over a wide area to help dry floors far quicker than under natural conditions. This can be quite helpful to prevent further damage from occurring such as the formation of mold, which can be deadly or, water seepage which could damage your entire foundation!
They are also a must for those of you whom happen to run floor cleaning or janitorial services on small and large scales. After a deep floor/carpet cleaning, drying is necessary to prevent unhealthy or unsightly mold from forming and undoing all the good you’ve done. You wouldn’t want to damage your client’s expensive floorboards either, would you? You can check out the dehumidifier reviews which are also a comparatively convenient choice for controlling moisture levels.
The best floor / carpet dryers are lightweight, compact, and relatively quiet to provide a large amount of airflow for quick drying. With so many options on the market, choosing just one option can be overwhelming. Where do you start? Well, you can start right here! We’ve put together this list of some of the top options available to make your decision a little bit easier.
Here are the Top 5 Best Carpet Dryer Fan Brands
1. SOLEAIRE Max Storm 1/2 HP Lightweight Carpet Dryer
The Max Storm from manufacturer Soleaire, is a professional and compact floor/carpet dryer that is ideal for janitorial or carpet cleaning businesses. It can also be efficiently utilized in your home after DIY carpet cleaning or cleaning up any moisture caused by leaks for example.
- It has 2 speed settings that are powerful and dries floors quickly which prevent any danger from slipping
- 3 adjustable angles for a wider range of movement to direct air flow and to get the widest range out of the machine
- Comes in 3 colors (blue, orange and purple) for high visibility
- 25 feet long power cord with easy handling and storage on machine (built in node to wrap cord around)
This model has a 1-year parts and 5-year housing warranty. It’s very compact yet durable and also quite powerful. It is 115 V and also safety certified. For commercial use they are very lightweight, enough to be able to leave at the job site and then return for pick up.
2. XPOWER X-830 1 HP 3600 CFM Air Mover
The Xpower floor/carpet dryer fan is heavy duty, powerful and quiet when operating. It’s also another lightweight air mover that is easy to move, handle and store, it has many other great features to consider such as:
- 3600 CFM, ultimate air flow and drying power and 8.5 Amp
- 3 speed settings to adjust intensity
- 4 angle positions to get wider coverage for drying and even has a swing out kickstand
- 20 feet electrical power cord
- ETL/CETL certified and approved
This is a powerful commercial floor/carpet dryer that can be used on many different surfaces. It’s also got a housing made from high quality and durable polypropylene that makes it lightweight and long lasting. It can also be used for circulating air in a warehouse, or any place that doesn’t have sufficient ventilation to cool and circulate air around.
3. B-Air VP-25 1/4 HP 900 CFM Air Mover
The B-Air best floor/carpet dryer fan is another heavy duty and industrial strength machine to quickly dry your floors. It comes in three different colors to choose from (red, green and blue) and is affordably priced. This particular model also has some unique features such as:
- It can be used as a dryer and also doubles as an air circulator to cool your rooms or circulate air from downstairs to upstairs.
- It has 3 different fan speeds to adjust the airflow power
- Paired with dehumidifiers or air scrubbers you can use it to help remove mold and mildew caused by water damage
- It has a powerful VP-25 fan that is high powered and comes with an enclosed 1/4 HP that is powerful enough to blow cool air up to the 2nd floor
- It has the capability to ‘daisy chain’ or stack up to five of the same floor/carpet dryers together
Another great feature is that you can even connect your phone to it to charge and it comes with a 10 feet 14 AWG cord. This model is also light weight and compact and great for homeowners, small retail businesses and contractors. It also comes with 2 and 5-year warranties.
4. DRI-EAZ F351 Sahara Pro X3 Floor Turbo Dryer
The Dri-Eaz Turbo Dryer is a floor/carpet dryer fan that is rugged yet flexible to use. It is also able to daisy chain or connect up to 3 units together for maximum air flow and drying power. It is perfectly suitable for commercial and domestic use and shares the same compact design aspects such as previously mentioned models of floor/carpet dryers which makes it light weight and easy to maneuver.
- 3 speed settings
- 33 HP motor that draws up to 4 amps
- 115 V that saves on power and 2700 CFM airflow output
- The blower snout is designed to blow air to flat surfaces as well as hard to reach surfaces and spaces under cupboards that may be considered hard to reach
- Underside vent that allows airflow circulation to the floor beneath the floor/carpet dryer to also be dried simultaneously
- Built in GFCI outlet for added safety when daisy chaining
- Made from rotomolded polyethylene which is durable and long lasting and allows stacking
This unit is wonderful for quick drying of thick carpets, dry walls, floors and ceilings. It is safety certified (ETL) to UL standards and also has 3 adjustable angles to position for accurate and maximum airflow to thoroughly dry surfaces.
5. CFM Pro Air Mover Carpet Floor Dryer
This carpet/floor dryer fan from CFM Pro is built for heavy duty air circulation. Its industrial strength fan will power through the job and get your tasks completed in very little time. Some of its other key features include:
- It comes with a 1/2 horsepower motor
- The fan has a precision engineered impeller that works in tandem with the motor and has one of the best Cubic Feet Per Minute output in its class
- It’s made from polyethylene composite and has four non marring and anti-skid feet which makes it easily stabilized during operation. It also has a durable handle for easy portability and safety
- There are 2 speed settings to adjust the intensity of the output as needed and there is a protective grill cover over the air outlet which prevents debris from getting in or out of the machine
- The body is also designed to hold 3 different airflow positions (horizontal, diagonal and upwards)
- It is light weight (22 lbs) and easy to transport and its compact design makes it very convenient to move and use
The CFM Pro carpet dryer blower fan is also called Air Mover or blower fan is powered by a American standard 110 to 120 V power cord that is 15 feet long, durable and easily wrapped around the floor dryer’s handle for storage. This machine is great for commercial use to restore carpeting in restoration and renovation projects or even for domestic use to clean up water damage or deep clean carpeted floors.
Choosing the right model of the best floor/carpet dryer is difficult when they are all so feature packed and easy to use even for home and domestic purposes. Here are some FAQs to help narrow down your choice.
1. Which is the best floor/carpet dryer fan?
All the models mentioned have similar attributes but some are more powerful than others and they all vary in price.
- If you are looking for machines to boost your carpet cleaning and restoration contracts then the ultra-heavy-duty models from Dri-Eaz and Xpower are more highly recommended for large scale and industrial applications as they have CFM rates of 2700 and 3600 respectively.
- The Maxpower unit from Soleaire is marketed towards janitorial services and gives a high output and works on both carpet, tile and wooden floors.
- As a homeowner you may want something to suit your budget such as the affordable B-Air model that is also very light and compact. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to air conditioning in the summer time and need a simple cooling system you can also find a great match with the B-Air floor/carpet dryer.
- Each model is a great buy, so depending on your expenditure limits you are able to choose the one that is not going to send you bankrupt. A small company or janitorial outfit can also purchase several of the low-cost units and still get the reliance of heavy-duty output and performance.
2. Are floor/carpet dryer fans safe to use?
- Like all electrical appliances from your vacuum cleaner to your washing machine they must be handled with care to prevent any instance of electrical shock. A commercial floor/carpet dryer is no different even though they are high powered. Wearing the proper PPE to handle them is advised but even without gear they are safe to handle.
- Since these floor/carpet dryers are designed to clean up after flooding, leaks and carpet cleaning services they are built to handle being in moisture filled settings and their high-performance industrial plastic housings make them safe from electrical charges and surges.
- Daisy chain compatible units have automatic trip settings that will turn off the motors and fans in case anything is overloading.
- They have protective coverings over the fan component to safeguard from anything going in or out to obstruct the moving blades.
- These units mentioned are all properly safety certified and recognized as the industry standard.
3. Who needs the best commercial floor/carpet dryer fans?
These are flexible machines that are frequently utilized by contractors, janitorial companies, laundry, carpet and tile cleaning companies, small businesses, malls, and even domestic household to name a few. Anyone who requires fast and safe floor or carpet cleaning can purchase the unit of their choice and use it safely as it very simple to operate.
4. How to care for floor/carpet dryer fan?
These machines are easy to use and care for. Ensure all power cords are carefully wrapped on the nodes that are built in on the housing for that purpose after use to avoid breakage or short circuits or any cuts or nicks. Additionally, you should avoid submerging the unit in water and wipe the surface for dust or any build up that may occur with a soft cloth. The industrial plastic housings make this a simple and safe task to conduct.
5. Where can I purchase a floor/carpet dryer fan?
The models of floor/carpet dryer fans mentioned in this review are available to purchase online market.
Get your own floor/carpet dryer today for your business or to use at home. Maybe you have suffered from faulty plumbing or flooding caused by storms or heavy rainfall and need something to combat the mold and mildew that tend to thrive in such instances. Proper drying of the floor surfaces will ensure that your family or client is safe and protect your concrete and wood floors as well.
Whatever your level, from small homeowner to large scale contracting firm, these compact devices pack a punch and you will be investing in a long term and efficient product. Upgrade to the best floor/carpet dryers to improve your methods and ensure customer satisfaction when the job is complete. They will be so impressed by the quality of work output and boost your company rating! It’s a win-win strategy and also very professional!