It’s no secret that managing a busy dine-in restaurant or cafés can be hectic. This is why it’s important to invest in modern appliances and tools to make your work easier and more efficient. Washing dishes is one of those tasks that seems to be never-ending.
During rush hour it can be hard to keep up with the number of dirty dishes, glasses, mugs, cutlery, and serving trays that pile up. In this post below, I have compiled a list of the best commercial dishwashers currently available online with FAQs and guidelines.
The 5 Best Commercial Dishwashers
|Best Overal||EdgeStar BIDW1802BL Energy Star Built-In Dishwasher||32.5"||8||4.4|
|Runner Up||Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Dishwasher with 5-Liter Built-in Water Tank||17.3"||2||4.3|
|Best Budget Pick||hOmeLabs Energy Star Portable Countertop Dishwasher||17.2"||6||4.5|
|Fan assisted drying||Fisher Paykel DD24DAX9 Double DishDrawer||34.63"||14||3.9|
|NSF Certified||Frigidaire FFCD2418US Built In Energy Star Dishwasher||28"||14||4.2|
Hand washing dishes can often result in dishes getting broken or not being thoroughly sanitized or dried in time to be used again. It’s also hard on your hands, your back, and your feet, which can cause pain and fatigue that slows down the work performance further. Getting an electric commercial dishwasher for your kitchen is an enduring solution to this problem.
Dishwashers come in many different models with different features and load capacities. It makes washing faster, cleaner than by hand, help you save water and also clear up counter space quickly. This is great for clearing up the clutter of dishes and cutlery that can occur. The dishwasher makes it easy to keep a clean and free workspace.
Dishwashers are money saving, time-saving and also environmentally friendly because the detergents that are created for dishwashers have fewer chemicals. There is less chance of glass breakage and they don’t consume a lot of energy to function. On a free off, if you want to clean your dishes yourself and organize them to dry, take a look at the best dish drying racks reviews from our list.
Investing in a commercial dishwasher is a step in the right direction to boost your business. Dishwashers are also convenient for use in households, hospitals, cafes, hotels, food courts and other dine in establishments. Choosing the right dishwasher can be a tedious task because there are hundreds of models and designs to choose from. Here is a list of the best commercial dishwashers that are best sellers on the market for their great performance and quality, price range and durability.
Here are the 5 Best Commercial Dishwasher Brands
1. EDGESTAR 18 inch Width Energy Star Built-in Dishwasher
The Edgestar built-in dishwasher is a larger capacity machine than the below-mentioned models. This commercial dishwasher is designed to be built into your kitchen counter for convenient access. It has the following specs:
- 8 place settings, a silverware container, and a cup tray
- Six washing functions – heavy, normal, eco, glass, rapid, and rinse
- Sanitize, hi-temp and heated dry systems (can be used with any cycle)
- The automatic sensor that shuts off water flow to prevent leakages
- Quiet 52dB performance
- Digital push-button controls
- Streak free cleaning (with rinse aid)
- Sleek black finish design
This dishwasher can be used in domestic households, as well as in restaurants and café kitchens. Its built-in design lets you save on countertop space and installs neatly under your counter, where it can be easily accessed for loading and emptying dishes. EdgeStar has another energy-saving countertop unit that uses just 200-kWh each year.
2. FARBERWARE Portable Countertop Dishwasher with Built-in Water Tank
Farberware offers a portable countertop dishwasher that is small but is packed full of great features and functionality. These features include the following:
- Factory tested for quality control
- Built-in 5-liter water tank – this integrated water tank eliminates the need to connect to the water line connection. However, it comes with a water hose attachment if you prefer a direct line with the faucet.
- 5 washing functions – normal, rapid (40 min wash and dry), fruit wash, baby care, and glass
- Streak free deep washing
- Steam function to sanitize baby bottles in baby care mode
- Air refresh option- it has an air exchange function that can improve drying performance and prevent any lingering odors on your wares
- LED digital control panel
- Transparent glass panel to view the contents of your dishwasher
- Automatic water level indicator
This compact dishwasher is very versatile for home use and small-scale businesses. The baby care and fruit wash cycles are very unique features that any consumer would find useful. Having a water tank option is ideal for users who may not have direct water hook up available for the dishwasher alone and it also helps to conserve water.
3. HOMELABS Energy Star Compact Countertop Portable Dishwasher
This stylish and compact dishwasher from Homelabs is great for use in small kitchens, office lunchrooms, or small apartment kitchenettes. It can also be used in a small café. It has a comfortable and lightweight design that makes it easy to move and fits perfectly on your counter.
- It has six washing operation options – heavy, normal, eco, glass, speed, and rinse
- There is a user-friendly control panel with light indicators and a delay switch light to reschedule wash activities if needed
- It is ready to use with minor setup required. The inlet, drain hose, and faucet adaptors are easy to install. After it’s connected, you just need to plug it in and turn it on.
- Streak free drying with rinse aids
- Dimensions – 17.2 x 19.6 x 21.6 inches
- 6 standard position setting function
This dishwasher is very simple to use, just load your dirty dishes, cutlery, and glasses into the washing compartment and select your wash cycle. It’s also Energy Star certified which means it conserves electricity. You can let your dishes wash overnight and go to bed with zero dishes in the sink. Due to its portability, you can keep and move it anywhere when not in use.
4. FISHER PAYKEL Double Dish Drawer Freestanding Dishwasher
This commercial dishwasher from Fisher Paykel has 2 drawers with separate functions that can operate independently or simultaneously. Each drawer holds a true half-load for small cleanup and quick turnaround of your dishes.
- Stainless Steel finish
- Quiet operation with very low noise
- Six wash programs – delicate, fast, heavy, medium, eco and rinse
- 120 Volt power supply
- Energy saving
The double tier drawers are great for time saving, you can wash dishes in one drawer while you continue to load the second. It’s great for commercial kitchen settings especially with the fast cycle which can get dishes clean and dry in 30 minutes.
5. Frigidaire FFCD2418US 24″ Energy Saving Built-in Dishwasher
Frigidaire provides yet another built-in model dishwasher option with a large capacity. It has stainless steel, rust-proof interior, and ample rack space to accommodate large loads of dishes.
- Large capacity- 14 place settings
- 5 wash options
- The Stay-put door makes it easy to load and empty the dishwasher
- Energy Star Certification
- The heated drying option dries dishes very quickly
- The self-cleaning filtering process maintains hygiene by removing food particles
- Low noise level operation
This particular model of dishwasher would serve well in a fast-paced commercial kitchen. It holds the largest capacity of dishes and wares on our list so far and is also energy efficient. It has a sleek stainless steel finish on its exterior and can easily be installed under your counter for ideal placement and accessibility. Frigidaire has another 18 inches energy-saving dishwasher that offers 6 washing cycles.
- The Best Commercial Coffee Makers Reviews & Maintenance Tips
- The Best Commercial Kitchen Food Prep Table Reviews
#1. Which is the best commercial dishwasher to purchase?
All of the dishwasher machine on this list are top-rated by consumers. Choosing the best one to suit your needs depends on your available budget and whether you want to use it in a commercial or domestic setting. For smaller capacity dishwashing, the counter top models from Homelabs and Farberware are recommended. These are also cheaper than the built-in models and are priced under $400 USD. For large scale commercial kitchens, consider the large capacity Frigidaire dishwasher. Fisher Paykel and Edgestar have medium dish holding capacities and can be used in both domestic and small to medium scale commercial kitchens.
#2. Why should you invest in a commercial dishwasher?
Automatic dishwashers can go a long way in helping you with your daily chores around the house. In a commercial environment, a dishwasher is a valuable investment in cleaning your dishes faster, which saves you time. Dishwashers also clean your wares more thoroughly, can sanitize them with heat and prevent breakage of plates and glasses. They also conserve water and energy to cut overhead costs.
#3. How do you use a commercial dishwasher?
Using a dishwasher is simple, once it is properly installed. You simply add your washing detergent then load your dishes into the pull-out trays, close and choose your wash settings to let it do all the work. They will automatically fill up to the desired water level and start washing, then stop when the cycle is complete.
#4. How long does a commercial dishwasher last?
A professional dishwasher that is properly maintained and used for its intended purposes can last a very long time. Regular cleaning and maintenance of the units will also add years to its service and operation. They are built for everyday use and made from durable materials such as stainless steel. The models on this list also have various types of warranties.
#5. How do you install a commercial dishwasher?
Countertop dishwashers are portable and require very little installation. The Farberware dishwasher can be used as a stand-alone unit without a direct water line hook up because it comes with a built-in water tank. However, built-in models require a more technical installation because they are to be fitted into your counter and have water line access. You may require adapters to fit on your faucet tap to attach the hose lines. This type of installation can be done professionally. All units mentioned also require an electrical outlet to be plugged into for power.
#6. How safe are commercial dishwashers?
Commercial dishwashers are quite safe to use. It is made from non-toxic materials and once you close the drawer to start the wash cycle, you don’t have to interact with it until it has completed the cycle.
#7. Where can you purchase a commercial dishwasher?
Follow the links in this article to be redirected to the product pages directly.
After reviewing the dishwasher models and the specifications, it’s safe to say these dishwashers are great purchases for functionality, style, and budget. While the larger capacity dishwashers are on the costly side, they are a long-term investment that certainly pays off. With the addition of a commercial dishwasher in your home or business you can enjoy the following:
- Cleaner dishes and cutlery (no more residual grease and bits of food still on your wares)
- Sanitized for safety (heat and steam functions kill germs and bacteria as they dry your dishes)
- Easy to load and unpack straight into your cabinet (no need for a drainboard)
- Easy installation for countertop models (plugin and you’re all set to go)
- Save on water and energy costs
- Time and space-saving
- A stylish upgrade for any kitchen
- No more broken glass
- Streak-free cleaning with simple rinse aids
- Eco-friendly soap that doesn’t harm the environment
- Long-lasting, durable appliance for everyday use
- Hands-free cleaning and drying
Apart from stylish designs, these commercial dishwashers have a wide range of features from quick wash cycles to sanitize functions. This is especially useful in a busy restaurant with dine in services. You can be on top of your dishwashing process and always have a fast turnaround of wares to keep up with the demand. For domestic use, a dishwasher can assist in daily chores. In addition, you can take a look at our automatic touchless hand dryer reviews to get and fit in your kitchen set up to dry your hands quickly.
A commercial dishwasher can free up the time you would normally spend bent over your sink to wash dishes by hand and allow you to pursue other activities while your dishes are being safely cleaned. The baby care cycle on the Farberware model is a wonderful feature that allows a stay-at-home mom to be on top of baby bottle duties. It can even wash your fruits!
Commercial dishwashers are very versatile as well. You also don’t necessarily need to use hot water in your dishwasher but it is recommended for extra cleaning and to thoroughly combat thick grease or crusty dishes that are difficult to do through hand washing. Even in Eco mode, which uses fewer resources, you can still get spotless dishes and glasses while saving energy and being environmentally conscious.
Choosing the best commercial dishwasher is not as difficult as you think, only from this list you have the best models on the market to choose from and you can’t go wrong. Invest in a commercial dishwasher today and see how amazing and practical they are for your home or business! For other great upgrades check out our articles on the best commercial coffee roaster machine reviews, the best commercial waffle maker reviews and the best garlic fermenter machine reviews for more ideas on boosting your food business.