A commercial paper shredder affords business owners security and avoids the leak of company information, client information, and other confidential data. With this in mind, there are a number of options when choosing a shredder for document disposal.
What to Look For in a Commercial Shredder for Heavy Duty Shredding?
Document Capacity: The capacity of the document ensures the number of sheets that can be shredded at the same time. You can destroy the documents quickly if the capacity is large.
Bin/Container Capacity: The amount of shredded paper that the container can contain. So it’s a concerning factor.
Running Duration: The running duration that the shredder can run for how long. The expensive and the best commercial paper shredder can run continuously without cooling down. A heavy-duty shredder has a capacity of around 30 minutes or more.
Jam-proof: Paper jam is one of the most significant problems, although most commercial shredders are designed to avoid paper jams. There is a particular sensor that records the amount of paper fed into the slot. The shredder will stop and reverse the blades once the stack is too big.
Noise level: It is the obvious desire to destroy documents quietly in the maximum office. Therefore, we suggest that you look for a heavy-duty shredder that is quiet and a low noise level below 55 dB of sound during shredding.
Oil the shredder: Oiling the shredder machine is an essential part of your office routine. Few of them will auto-oil the cutters and others need human interference.
Strip-cut, Cross-cut, or Micro-cut: Strip-cut shredder is a shredder used for non-confidential documents and shreds paper vertically into long narrow strips. A crosscut shredder is used to diagonally from both corners a cross-hatch pattern in small particles that are barely readable. On the other hand, the micro-cut shredder cuts paper into small diamonds or pieces of confetti and is suitable for destroying confidential documents.
Here are the Best Commercial Paper Shredder Brands
Are you looking to destroy a lot of confidential documents in your office? Then, here you will find the right heavy-duty paper shredders that are commercial grade, with some additional features, and capable of shredding large volumes of documents continuously.
TOP Sold Paper Shredder Under $200: AmazonBasics Home Office Paper Shredder
Heavy-Duty Workhorse But Expensive Shredder Over $1500: ideal. Cross-Cut Office Shredder
Excellent Micro Shredder For A Busy Office Over $1100: Fellowes Micro-Cut Commercial Paper Shredder
A Very Quiet Paper Shredder Under $200: BONSEN Heavy-Duty Cross-Cut Paper Shredder for Office
Fast, Consistent, Powerful Shredder Under $600: Fellowes Cross-Cut Commercial Paper Shredder
Best Cross-Cut Shredder Under $250: Fellowes Powershred 99Ci Paper Shredder
Best Paper Shredder For the Buck Under $200: bonsaii High-Security Anti-Jam Shredder
Time-Saving Unit But a Bit Pricey Shredder Over $500: Dahle ShredMATIC SM 300 Paper Shredder
Best Budget Paper Shredder Under $300: Aurora JamFree Crosscut-Cut Paper Shredder
Quiet Powerful and Super Micro Shredder Under $300: WOLVERINE Cross Cut Quiet Paper Shredder
So take a look to learn more about these heavy-duty paper shredders to choose one for your home or commercial use and what reviewers think about each unit.
1. TOP Sold: AmazonBasics 24-Sheet Cross-Cut Home Office Paper Shredder
The Powerhouse shredder quickly converts paper into strips that measure 5/32 by 1-1/2 inches. It uses to destroy ATM receipts, credit card bills, mortgage statements, payment receipts, insurance packages, and other old or unwanted information. It will even destroy credit cards, CDs, DVDs and Blu Rays (one at a time).
- Shred 24 sheets at one time
- Auto mode and easy operation
- Shreds paper into long strips and cross-sections
- Gives the highest level of safety
2. Heavy-Duty Workhorse: ideal. 2604 Cross-Cut Centralized Office Shredder with Automatic Oiler
ideal. 2604 is one of the best heavy-duty paper shredders that shred 491 sheets in a single minute with a 1 HP motor. It is designed for 8-10 users and 23-25 sheets at a time. It features a taller bin and has 26 gallons larger paper capacity. The automatic oiler eliminates the worry of oiling the cutter every time.
Of course, there are good and bad to consider when choosing this shredder. Some of the cons include the price tag, which comes in at over $1500. It is tall, so this does limit where you can place it in some offices. The quart-size oiler bottle can be run out if the shredder has been running continuously for 5-6 hours.
3. Excellent Micro Shredder For A Busy Office: Fellowes Powershred 225Mi 16-Sheet Micro-Cut Commercial Paper Shredder
Small, compact, yet powerful. There are a number of features this product offers which are ideal for the commercial setting. A few of the pros include:
- Industrial size grade blades can shred up to 16 sheets at a time.
- The machine turns off automatically if detects much paper.
- Large loading bin for simply dropping in papers and hitting the shred button.
- It can shred CDs, credit cards, and other hard files.
- The bin capacity is 16 gallons with the bin full indicator features.
- Very quiet and continuous shredding performance.
- Automatically goes to sleep mode and shuts down if idle for 2 minutes.
With these benefits in mind, there are a few drawbacks to consider as well. Some of the cons which you have to account for include the fact that:
- It is smaller in size, so it is ideal for small to mid-size business use.
- Requires oil for maximum performance.
- It has a reasonable sized 16 gallons bin capacity, but cardboard bin, looks much cheaper unit.
- It may not completely destroy CDs/DVDs so you may have to double-check.
- It is very heavy and expensive.
4. A Very Quiet Shredder: BONSEN S3104 18-Sheet Heavy-Duty Cross-Cut Paper Shredder for Office
A completely auto machine is ideal for fast-paced (shreds sheets in 5 sec) office settings. It has a function to prevent flare-ups, fires, or overheating when it is highly used in the office space. Staples, CDs, DVDs, and credit cards are also shreds without any jams.
Of course, there are drawbacks to consider. It only has an 18 sheet capacity, so reloading frequently will occur. Tall in size, but limited bin capacity 6.6 Gallons also means you will empty out shredded paper frequently.
5. Fast, Consistent, Powerful Workhorse Commercial Shredder: Fellowes Powershred 125Ci Jam Proof Cross-Cut Commercial Paper Shredder
It is a hassle-free shredding machine with all the features to offer. It has a continuous shredding capacity of up to 45 minutes before a cooling period.
- Cross-cutting up to 20 sheets of paper in a single pass
- Offers continual shredding
- Heavy duty cardboard box, plastic and & sturdy plastic bin
- Shreds staples and 100% jam proof
So, let’s start off with the pros. Among these are:
– Tall, slim in design, which allows you to fit in many offices.
– Capability to destroy credit cards and other hard items.
For the lower-end, lower price point office setting, this is probably sufficient. But, there are a number of drawbacks that do detract. First off, the 20 paper capacity shred point is extremely low. It also has smaller blades than other shredders, and you have to put oil in the blade so isn’t as powerful as the best commercial paper shredder.
6. Best Cross-Cut Shredder: Fellowes Powershred 99Ci Jam Proof Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
The Powershred 99Ci cross-cut shredder is necessary for securely shredding sensitive tax documents, CDs/DVDs, credit cards, and other confidential pieces of stuff.
- Bin capacity 9-gallon
- 30 min continuous shredding
- SafeSense Technology for children and pets
- Shreds 18 sheets/pass into 5/32″ x 1-1/2″ cross-cut particles
- Shreds CDs / DVDs, credit cards, staples, and cut paper documents and junk mail
7. Best Paper Shredder For the Buck: bonsaii (C149-C) 18-Sheet for Office Heavy Duty Cross-Cut Shredder
Bonsai C149-C Shredder has a high-quality and library-quiet application. It is a multi-purpose 12-18-sheet cross-cut powerhouse.
- Continuous shredding up to 60 min
- The cooling system controls overheating
- One year warranty on all parts
- A trash bag can be placed in the drawer
- Comes with 2-prong plug
- Removable wheels
8. Time-Saving Unit But a Bit Pricey: Dahle ShredMATIC SM 300 Auto-Feed Jam Protection Paper Shredder
As the name implies, jamming won’t be an issue with this commercial auto-feed shredder. Enhanced jam-proof technology allows for faster shredding, with minimal effort or issues. The lockable 300-sheet automatic feeder bin, oil-free operation, and automatic jam protection are very attractive features for office professionals or security companies. There are auto-lock functions or auto shut off.
Of course, businesses have to consider the drawbacks. The one and only most complained of is that the price. It only has a manual 11-page capacity as well, so you will be reloading the tray frequently (even though it shreds quickly). It can’t handle very hard paper clips and abrasive material either. The automatic feeding functions can be a cause of jamming if the machine overheats.
9. Best Budget Paper Shredder: Aurora JamFree AU2030XA 20-Sheet Crosscut-Cut Paper Shredder
It has an advanced safety feature that stops the shredder immediately and prevents an accident when the tough guard sensor is touched. This shredder will not work when the capacity is redundant.; prevent paper jams actively.
- Shreds up to 20 sheets of paper/pass
- Shreds CDs/DVDs, Credit Cards, Staples, & Paper Clips
- Non-stop 60 min operation time
- Energy star system for auto shutdown and restart
- Comes with 1-year limited product warranty and 5 years limited cutter warranty
- LED indicators
10. Quiet Powerful and Super Micro Shredder: WOLVERINE 18-Sheet 60 Mins Running Cross Cut Quiet Paper Shredder
For small office/personal and commercial use, look no further. A tiny cut system will truly shred the largest sheets into confetti-sized pieces. Blades are guaranteed for heavy-duty operation and super micro-cut so they won’t dull over time. And, safety features, such as auto shut off, or jam feature, make it ideal for quick-paced settings.
- 6-gallon bin capacity
- A viewing window is small, so you can’t quite see how full the machine is
- Shred cards/CDs/DVDs into 3 pieces only
- No lubricant included
11. HSM SECURIO AF150 Cross-cut Paper Shredder
Up to 150 sheets can be stacked at once into this machine. It has an auto shred feature, and auto shut off, so once the paper is out of the shred tray, it will stop for safety reasons. An exterior light indicates when the bin is full, so you know when to empty it out.
With the good also come some detractors; some of the cons to consider are the fact that it is rather small in size. This means you will empty the shredder out regularly. It features a dust emission system, but this does cause frequent jamming. A white exterior is also something that won’t fit into every office space.
12. HSM SECURIO B22c Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
A very low starting point is a major selling point here. It has a complete quick shred function and a capacity of about 14 sheets per single pass.
So, what are good? Some of the pros include tall bin capacity, finger/safety latch (only shreds when finger/hand is out of place), up to a 90% faster shred rate than competitor products, and an auto shut-off function after use. This also has a “quiet” mode, ideal for offices where you need to get work done and don’t want to be interrupted by extremely loud shredding noise. However, some of the features include:
- Can shred staples, clips and credit/store cards
- No auto shut off/on function
- Auto Start/Stop and on/Off switch
- The cutting cylinder has a lifetime warranty
- Made by Germany
Further, the shredding power/capacity is limited for smaller office/commercial space use. For high traffic offices, with hundreds of employees, it probably won’t suffice.
- Why Does My Paper Shredder Stop Working?
- Top 10 Best Copier Machines for Small Businesses
- Top 5 Best Commercial Thermostats
- Top 6 Best Commercial Vacuum Cleaners
- Best Commercial Dehumidifiers with Mini and Portable
- The Best Commercial Trash Cans
Some Other Heavy Duty Paper Shredders For Small-Medium Office
1. Sentinel FM160P 16 Sheet Microcut Paper Shredder
A low price point of less than $200 will lure you in. A 16 sheet auto shred capacity is also nice for quick shredding functionality. A pillar-style design is sleek and can fit in even the tightest of office spaces.
So, what are the drawbacks? Some of the cons include lower power/shredding capacity with a 16 sheet capacity. It doesn’t shred very hard abrasive items. It can be handled with care due to the plastic drawer door.
2. Royal 100x 29171Y 10-Sheet Full-Size Cross-Cut Shredder
Royal Machines Shredder is one of the most significant efforts in personal / household shredders. This 10-sheet cross-cut paper shredder offers all the strength and reliability needed in today’s situation.
- It shreds up to 10 sheets per pass and shreds credit cards
- Shred size is 5/32″ x 1 5/8″ for best safety
- Auto start/stop function
- 3.3-Gallon Bin
- 1-year warranty on all parts and labor
3. GoECOlife Limited Edition: 10-Sheet Microcut Paper Shredder
It offers peace of mind in an executive, contemporary design that will look excellent in your apartment or office. This one is high-security paper shredder that shreds up to 10 sheets per crossing and turns your most confidential documents into small pieces.
- Shreds 7.55 ft/minute
- Shreds credit cards
- 3-gallon bin
- Easy to transport
Of course, every product has its pros and its shortcomings to consider. When choosing the best commercial paper shredder for office use, these are a few heavy-duty options available online. Reasonable prices, accessibility for all businesses, and a reasonable set of features make any of these a good option for small, mid-sized, and even larger businesses.
#1. What should you shred?
You should shred whatever you have that has confidential data such as your name, address, telephone number, social security number, bank statement info, and including documents like ATM receipts, credit card vouchers, bills, and also used airline tickets.
#2. Why should you shred?
You must destroy everything that has personal information according to the above answer. It helps you comply with the law, avoid identity theft, and reduce confusion and fire dangers. Always be safe by cutting confidential documents that could harm you.