A commercial paper shredder affords business owners security and avoids the leak of company information, client information, and other confidential data. With this in mind, there are a number of options when choosing a shredder. So these are the reviewed top 10 best commercial paper shredders from which you can choose when shopping for the best heavy duty paper shredder in a commercial setting.
The Best 5 Commercial Paper Shredders
|Best Overall||Powershred 99Ci by Fellowes||4.4|
|Runner Up||Jam Proof Powershred 125Ci by Fellowes||4.0|
|Best Budget Pick||EverShred C149-C 18-Sheet by Bonsaii||4.4|
|Best Paper Shredder||Aurora JamFree AU2030XA 20-Sheet Shredder||4.1|
|Best Paper Shredder||AF300 AutoShred 300-Sheet by Boxis||3.8|
The Powershred 99Ci cross-cut shredder is necessary for securely shredding sensitive tax documents, CDs/DVDs, credit cards and other confidential pieces of stuff.
- Cross-Cut shredding
- 30 min continuous shredding
- SafeSense Technology for children and pets
- Shreds CDs / DVDs, credit cards, staples, and cut paper documents and junk mail
It is a hassle-free shredding machine with all the features to offer. It has a continuous shredding capacity of up to 45 minutes before a cooling period.
- Cross-cutting up to 20 sheets of paper in a single pass
- Offers continual shredding
- Heavy duty cardboard box, plastic and & sturdy plastic bin
- Shreds staples and 100% jam proof
So, let’s start off with the pros. Among these are:
– Tall, slim in design, which allows you to fit in many offices.
– Capability to destroy credit cards and other hard items.
For the lower end, lower price point office setting, this is probably sufficient. But, there are a number of drawbacks which do detract. First off, the 20 paper capacity shred point is extremely low. It also has smaller blades than other shredders, and you have to put oil in the blade so isn’t as powerful as other commercial machines.
Bonsai C149-C Shredder has a high quality and library application. It is a multi-purpose 12-18-sheet cross-cut powerhouse.
- Continuous shredding up to 60 min
- The cooling system controls overheating
- One year warranty on all parts
It has an advanced safety feature that stops the shredder immediately and prevents an accident when the tough guard sensor is touched. This shredder will not work when overcapacity is detected; prevent paper jams.
- Shreds up to 20 sheets of paper/pass
- Shreds CDs/DVDs, Credit Cards, Staples, & Paper Clips
- Non-stop 60 min operation time
- Auto shutdown and restart
- Comes with 1-year limited product warranty and 5 years limited cutter warranty
- LED indicators
It is ideal for a large office that requires secure document management. It can shred 300 sheets at a time and pulverize these documents to 0.16″ x 0.39″ (4 x 10mm) illegible particles.
- 300 sheets at a time
- Pulverize in little sizes
- Ideal for a big office
- Auto forward and reverse mode decreases the risk of paper jams
Small, compact, yet powerful. There are a number of features this product offers which are ideal for the commercial setting. A few of the pros include:
- Industrial size grade blades can shred up to 130-230 sheets at a time.
- Large loading bin for simply dropping in papers and hitting the shred button.
- It can shred CDs, credit cards, and other hard files.
With these benefits in mind, there are a few drawbacks to consider as well. Some of the pros which you have to account for include the fact that:
- It is smaller in size, so it is ideal for small to mid-size business use.
- It has a jam feature but doesn’t detect all small items which can cause the shredder to jam.
- It has a reasonable sized 130-230 paper capacity, but only thin, office paper, other items have to be shredded individually.
A lower price tag will draw many consumers when looking for a great commercial shredder. Some of the benefits of choosing this machine over top competitors include a low price and quick driving mechanism. You don’t have to remove staples either, so don’t have to worry about jamming.
With a lower price point also comes some drawbacks. Among these is a smaller capacity size. It does come fully assembled, but smaller size makes it limited in certain office settings. Stainless steel exterior, viewing window, but small size, will detract from the quality of this rather powerful commercial shredder.
- Shreds Paper, CDs, credit cards and staples
- 7.4 Gallon capacity of Bin
- Quiet motor 58dB and durable steel cross cut blades
- Ready, Off & Reverse switch
Up to 150 sheets can be stacked at once into this machine. It has an auto shred feature, and auto shut off, so once the paper is out of the shred tray, it will stop for safety reasons. An exterior light indicates when the bin is full, so you know when to empty it out.
With the good also come some detractors; some of the cons to consider are the fact that it is rather small in size. This means you will empty the shredder out regularly. It features a dust emission system, but this does cause frequent jamming. A white exterior is also something that won’t fit into every office space.
A very low starting point is a major selling point here. It has a complete quick shred function and a capacity of about 14 sheets per single pass. So, what are good? Some of the pros include tall bin capacity, finger/safety latch (only shreds when finger/hand is out of place), up to a 90% faster shred rate than competitor products, and an auto shut-off function after use. This also has a “quiet” mode, ideal for offices where you need to get work done and don’t want to be interrupted by extremely loud shredding noise. However, some of the features include:
- Can shred staples, clips and credit/store cards
- No auto shut off/on function
- Auto Start/Stop and on/Off switch
- The cutting cylinder has a lifetime warranty
- Made by Germany
Further, the shredding power/capacity is limited for smaller office/commercial space use. For high traffic offices, with hundreds of employees, it probably won’t suffice.
A very low price point of less than $200 will lure you in. A 30 sheet auto shred capacity is also nice for quick shredding functionality. A pillar style design is sleek and can fit in even the tightest of office spaces.
So, what are the drawbacks? Some of the cons include lower power/shredding capacity with a 30 sheet capacity. It doesn’t shred staples or other abrasive items. It doesn’t have a credit card or hard paper (CD) shred function either.
Other commercial paper shredders we reviewed
TOP Pick: Royal 1840MX 18-Sheet Shredder
A completely auto machine is ideal for fast-paced (shreds sheets in 5 sec) office settings. It has a function to prevent the flare-up, fires or overheating when it is highly used in the office space. Staples, CDs, DVDs, and credit cards also shreds and machine are jam-free.
Of course, there are the drawbacks to consider. It only has an 18 sheet capacity, so reloading frequently will occur. Tall in size, but limited bin capacity also means you will empty out shredded paper frequently.
The Powerhouse shredder quickly converts paper into strips that measure 7/32 by 1-27 / 32 inches. It uses to destroy ATM receipts, credit card bills, mortgage statements, payment receipts, insurance packages, and other old or unwanted information. It will even destroy credit cards, CDs, DVDs and Blu Rays (one at a time).
- Shred 24 sheets at one time
- Auto mode and easy operation
- Shreds paper into long strips and cross sections
- Gives the highest level of safety
Another great option for one of the best heavy duty paper shredders is this product by Fellows. Of course, there are good and bad to consider when choosing this shredder. Some of the cons include the price tag, which comes in at over $1000. It does feature a taller bin but doesn’t have larger paper capacity in comparison to smaller sized bins. It is tall, so this does limit where you can place it in some offices.
For small office/personal and commercial use, look no further. A tiny cut system will truly shred the largest sheets into confetti-sized pieces. Blades are guaranteed for 7 years so they won’t dull over time. And, safety features, such as auto shut off, or jam feature, make it ideal for quick paced settings.
– Small capacity size
– A viewing window is small, so you can’t quite see how full the machine is
– For a smaller size, it is pricey
As the name implies, jamming won’t be an issue with this commercial shredder. Enhanced jam proof technology allows for faster shredding, with minimal effort or issues. A very low price point is an extremely attractive feature for those who are looking for a commercial grade shredder.
Of course, businesses have to consider the drawbacks. The one most complained of is that you give up on safety features. There are no auto lock functions or auto shut off. It only has an 18-page capacity as well, so you will be reloading the tray frequently (even though it shreds quickly). It can’t tackle paper clips or magnetic strips either.
Our Runner Up Pick: Royal 100X 10-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder
Royal Machines Shredder is one of the most significant efforts in personal / household shredders. This 10-sheet cross-cut paper shredder offers all the strength and reliability needed in today’s situation.
- It shreds up to 10 sheets per pass and shreds credit cards
- Shred size is 5/32″ x 1 5/8″ for best safety
- Auto start/stop function
- 3.3-Gallon Bin
- 1-year warranty on all parts and labor
Our Runner Up Pick: GoECOlife GMW120P 12-Sheet High-Security Paper Shredder
It offers peace of mind in an executive, contemporary design that will look excellent in your apartment or office. This one is high-security paper shredder shreds up to 12 sheets per crossing and turns your most confidential documents into small pieces.
- Shreds up to 12 sheets per pass
- Shreds into 0.16″ x 0.39″ (4 x 10mm) for most security
- Carbon neutral and power-saving technology
- Shreds credit cards
- 5 Gallon Bin
- Limited product warranty for one year
Here are some cheap recommended paper shredders in eBay
View eBay – Royal Microcut 12-Sheet Paper Shredder – US Seller
View eBay – 10 Sheet Cross-Cut Paper/Credit Card/Staples Shredder – US Seller
View eBay – AS1018CD Aurora 10 Sheet Cross Cut Home Office Shredder – US Seller
Of course, every product has its pros and its shortcomings to consider. When choosing a new commercial paper shredder for office use, these are a few of the best heavy duty paper shredders available today. Reasonable price, accessible for all businesses, and a reasonable set of features make any of these a good option for small, mid-sized, and even larger commercial businesses in need of a commercial grade shredder.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should you shred?
You should shred whatever you have that has confidential data such as your name, address, telephone number, social security number, bank statement info and including documents like ATM receipts, credit card vouchers, bills, and also used airline tickets.
Why should you shred?
You must destroy everything that has personal information according to the above answer. It helps you comply with the law, avoid identity theft and reduce confusion and fire dangers. Always be safe by cutting confidential documents that could harm you.